IGNORED

The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

20 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Is that from The Cult?

14 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Nah, that ain't no Bernie Wrightson art.

Think that is from the original Venom story?

correctamundo

1 hour ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I'd like to see half the sequel based around Gordon and Batman's relationship growing in a prequel to The Batman way (so everybody is weirded out by him and he still feels like a freak) and capturing 

Hide contents

Joker

and then the second half based around recapturing

Hide contents

Joker

and him doing heroic stuff.

I wonder if we'll see some of that in the Penguin TV show spin-off?

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I definitely want to see more Patt-man, but I don’t want any 

Hide contents

Joker stuff. Particularly the one they showed in this. He looked terrible. 

We barely got any of it to judge. 

Barry Keoghan is an incredible young actor. I can't wait to see what he does with the role tbh!

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched this again. I enjoyed it even more second time round. Also, I was surprised to read on IMDB that a lot of the locations were in Liverpool, not having followed any of the on set stuff prior to release.

Glasgow and Liverpool are used a lot as stand ins for American cities. The Liverpool examples in this were of quite well known buildings too, the Liver Building and St. George’s Hall being the two most well known. I think they filmed in a disused part of the Birkenhead tunnel also. 

• 2 weeks later...

Esclusivo!

I yarrr’d this a while back, which obviously came from a German source as the clues Bruce spray painted all over his floor were written in German. As were the google search results and the online chat text. Is yours going to be in Italian/Spanish?

I watched it again last night, so that's four times already for this 3-hour, moody, action-lite, deliberately paced film. It's got its Batclaws in me, for sure.

New thing I noticed:

Spoiler

After Bats goes to see Penguin the first time, and follows Selina out, in the wide exterior shot of the Iceberg Lounge you can see Riddler silhouetted in his apartment, spying on the club with a camera.

• 4 weeks later...

I may need to rewatch this, as I suspect it's actually a deeper film than it first appears. There seemed to be many layers of subtext.

Also, surely I can't be the only one to think

Spoiler

The end sequence was a huge climate change metaphor. What with video screens all around the scene with "real change" on them, and all the while the white liberal billionaire is fighting some internet fash boys while that is going on all around.

Nirvana also singing "Something in the way" while a Mayoral candidate talks about how people MUST have faith in their institutions while buildings around them crumble.

And Bruce is still stuck in his Purgatory of trying to save Gotham (America), and takes a left turn to drive right back into the non changing city even as Selina turns right and escapes it.

It's remarkably bleak.

That’s a pretty good take on it.

I think The Batman really did catch the zietgiest of the issues we are dealing with.

The world is more chaotic than ever.

Let’s forget that Gotham is now underwater too

I still think the ending betrayed the rest of the film, personally. I like the smaller scale, cat and mouse, serial killer vs detective story and then it all went out the window into a typical superhero CG-fest ending.