IGNORED

The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

Sorry to be that guy who comes into a thread to say they have no interest in something but I’m that guy. 

Batman just feels done to absolute death. The fact it’s Pattinson is the only thing of any interest but it looks like just another dark, moody WB special. 

Or is this likely to be different?

Well in the interview I posted they’re at great pains to say this is a detective movie, a mystery movie, not an action superhero movie. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know, but it certainly has me more interested than I was previously. 

15 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Well in the interview I posted they’re at great pains to say this is a detective movie, a mystery movie, not an action superhero movie. Whether that’s true or not I don’t know, but it certainly has me more interested than I was previously. 

Don't they also do that with most Marvel movies too? I remember all the hyperbole before Winter Soldier came out espousing that it's more an espionage than action. Was it bollocks.

2 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

Don't they also do that with most Marvel movies too? I remember all the hyperbole before Winter Soldier came out espousing that it's more an espionage than action. Was it bollocks.

DC have at least been much more willing to allow directors to make unique movies with their stamp on hem and using their characters. The Suicide Squad and Joker both lived up to the promises made to press beforehand about the ways in which they would be a departure from standard superhero movies. So I feel like it’s more likely than when the Marvel PR machine says “this one won’t be exactly the same as the other 20 honest”.

Anyway, here’s some fan made posters that shit all over the official one:

EDF38B9D-6466-4482-AA71-32AE2EA743D1.jpeg.7f6b167416f52909f1034c3420ebd145.jpeg

F4D5749A-A488-4F99-8E0B-3D0DA7F3F55A.jpeg.b4922a9e7818379995d4c2b5346e128c.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Selfish fuckwit to miss son's birth.

What’s his email? Got a work screening next week, could send an in-depth, spoiler-filled essay.

New trailer revealed at an NBA game last night. The hilariously shit bit at the start is supposed to be an "interrupting a real broadcast" type thing as the actual announcer was transitioning to a commercial break.

On 13/02/2022 at 21:08, Festoon said:

Selfish fuckwit to miss son's birth.

It’s much more likely that he’ll be doing the massively selfish thing of trying to see a film when there’s a screaming baby already in his house and a hugely tired mother going stir-crazy. Eeeesh. And, even if the baby hasn’t been born yet, the mother would be terrified of it coming while he’s in the cinema (even though only 4% of babies are actually born on their due date) , so just from a ‘causing unnecessary stress’ standpoint, this is a big no-no. He’s definitely the asshole.

17 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Is this theatrical realise only or is it available on streaming services too? 

Theatrical only. I don't think any movies for the forseable future are coming to digital anymore (besides Pixar's Seeing Red)

27 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Theatrical only. I don't think any movies for the forseable future are coming to digital anymore (besides Pixar's Seeing Red)

Yeah those days are gone, even if they wanted to make it financially viable the studios biffed it with all the various contracts etc.

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Peter Bradshaw gave this 3/5. That crusty old arse not getting it and others saying it's pretty good is all the hype I need really. 

He famously said that the Jessica Alba Fantastic Four film was the best superhero movie ever, so I think we can safely disregard his opinion. 

20 hours ago, Darhkwing said:

Fine. I'm happier to wait or pirate it now and pay for a rental later than I am to go and sit in cinema with an FFP2 mask on for three bloody hours.

It sounds really good. The "Se7en, but with Batman" concept seems like a good approach. It only just occurred to me how much the city in Se7en is like Gotham.

1 hour ago, DeciderVT said:

Fine. I'm happier to wait or pirate it now and pay for a rental later than I am to go and sit in cinema with an FFP2 mask on for three bloody hours.

You don't have to wear masks in cinemas anymore though... ( unless personal choice).

I have to admit 3 hours is a bit extreme - I've been watching the extended cuts of LOTR lately - and I'm kinda iffy about sitting in the cinema that long.

Still seeing it though.

I'm not really excited for this at all - but I've got tomorrow off so I'm going for a 9am showing becuase its there.

More excitement and it not being 3 hours then I might have considered going at midnight, but I think I'm too nackered for midnight showings these days anyway.

My predicition is its going to be decent, but, as with Joker, overhyped in terms of the reviews because it gets an extra point/star from some reviewers for being grim and gritty unlike those 'kids' comic book movies.  Other predicition is its 100% going to be at least 40 minutes too long.

1 hour ago, Sidewaysbob said:

Does it have yet another take on the death of his parent ? Please dear God say it doesn't.

It's not a Batman film without a slow mo shot of a pearl necklace breaking/pearls falling to the floor.  :quote:

If that isn't

Spoiler

the gun that killed his parents on his chest forming the emblem, and that doesn't have some sort of importance to the overarching plot

I'll be astonished.

Just now, Chindie said:

If that isn't

Hide contents

the gun that killed his parents on his chest forming the emblem, and that doesn't have some sort of importance to the overarching plot

I'll be astonished.

I think they already said it is haven't they? Or have you already made that prediction because I'm sure I've read that it is...

3 minutes ago, b00dles said:

I think they already said it is haven't they? Or have you already made that prediction because I'm sure I've read that it is...

If that has been confirmed I've not seen it. I've predicted that it's going to be 'a big deal' in the course of things for a while though, it was one of the things I was most concerned about from the minute they revealed it.

Just now, Chindie said:

If that has been confirmed I've not seen it. I've predicted that it's going to be 'a big deal' in the course of things for a while though, it was one of the things I was most concerned about from the minute they revealed it.

Maybe I just read it in a previous post of yours then :D