The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Rumour going around that the Flash film ends with multiverse merging shennanigans and Keaton will replace Affleck as the 'official' DC cinematic universe Batman (ie. sharing screen time with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam...etc).

Too may many Batmen!

I love Keaton so I really hope this is true. I can also imagine the obnoxious Snyder fan community having kittens over this outcome so it'd be doubly pleasing.

Michael Keaton is 70. I appreciate he barely moved as Batman and you can do very good things with makeup and computers these days, but making the 89 Batman more than an extended cameo gag is a bad idea.

Yes, currently you have:

Snyderverse - Ben Affleck 

Reevesverse - Robert Pattinson

Flash Film - character from the Snyderverse but going into dimension of Burton's Batman - Michael Keaton

Rumour is that after the Flash film, Keaton will become the Snyderverse Batman, in more of a Nick Fury type role, ready for the Batgirl film.

Include TV as well if you really want to go down the rabbit hole.

Batwoman - Bruce Wayne is MIA, but he was played by Kevin Conroy when he briefly popped up

Titans - Ser Jorah Mormont from Game of Thrones as possibly the worst Batman ever

Penguin/Gotham PD TV Series - Robert Pattinson cameo?

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Michael Keaton is 70. I appreciate he barely moved as Batman and you can do very good things with makeup and computers these days, but making the 89 Batman more than an extended cameo gag is a bad idea.

I'd be happy with him as a Kingdom Come-style Batman/Bruce Wayne.

I'd maybe be on board with him being a background leader/mentor, but even then it does feel a bit forced. There's nothing in those films that I can recall that suggests that Bruce would be the man to lead a group of superheroes.

It's better left as it's own thing I think. Have it as a gimmick for the Flash movie, and leave it be.

Just now, probotector said:

The problem DC have is that Batman is the only universally popular character they have.

The rest are trash including Superman who is no longer relevant in todays world. 

Superman is great, and could be easily made relevant in today's world with the right creative talent behind it.  Henry Cavill's grimdark edgelord Superman is trash.

I’m a big fan of BvS. 

It’s the 2nd best Superman film after Man of Steel which i still maintain has some of the best super hero fights out to screen.

But all the fanbois cried too loudly that a city got wrecked during an epic battle between superhumans.

Now we get half the universe disappearing in the safest way possible.

Genuine lol at Man of Steel being the best Superman film! :lol:

I actually think Snyder has some talent and can make some rather cool froth but he doesn't get Superman (or Clark, or Lois, or Johnathan Kent) at all. 

2 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

It's never advisable to take probotector with any kind of seriousness. 

Aw. It would have been interesting to see how many more would have had a bite.

3 hours ago, Popo said:

Superman is great, and could be easily made relevant in today's world with the right creative talent behind it.  Henry Cavill's grimdark edgelord Superman is trash.

Cavill would be great with the right writing /directing team behind him. That opportunity has probably sailed.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'd maybe be on board with him being a background leader/mentor, but even then it does feel a bit forced. There's nothing in those films that I can recall that suggests that Bruce would be the man to lead a group of superheroes.

It's better left as it's own thing I think. Have it as a gimmick for the Flash movie, and leave it be.

This could be a spoiler for the Flash movie if you're unfamiliar with Flashpoint:

Spoiler

Isn't he going to be Thomas Wayne, rather than Bruce? That would open up the possibility of having two Batmen (Batmans? Bats Men? I dunno it's a weird thing to pluralise). 

Aye - I quite like Affleck as Batman to be honest. Particularly as an older Batman. 

I thought Man of Steel was alright for the first half e.g the krypton scene and his “wandering finding myself” parts. The first 20mins or so really grabbed me when I first watched it. 

I personally think they should just drop an extended universe setting. The boat has sailed and Marvel will never be outdone. I always feel the DC films try too hard to fit things together to the point they restrict themselves.  Plus, they seem to have to have a do-over of some description after their films e.g Justice League and Suicide Squad.  

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

A lot can change in 30 years. Just look at what’s happened to the DC movies!

9 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The TV spot does a better job of selling the movie than the trailer. There’s no new footage but it’s shorter, more tightly edited and without the cover song.

Hope the sound track has lots of those creeky strings for the end of that.

10 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Hope the sound track has lots of those creeky strings for the end of that.

Based on the little vocal splashes in the main trailer and the acoustic guitar chords at the beginning of the TV spot, there’s definitely going to be a version of Nirvana’s ‘Something In The Way’ on there.

20 hours ago, iknowgungfu said:

I did quite enjoy the trailer but when we I see something that for a film I always remember the Auralnaits YT posting and  they are fairly spot on a lot of times 😄

Holy shit, it's so spot on. :lol: