The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

I think I’m going to go with bad trailer. The cast is stellar, I like the designs, but the trailer didn’t show me much that got me really excited. And I feel it was kind of overshadowed by the flash trailer, which showed only the barest hint of Batman but it’s my favourite Batman so it was more exciting.

13 hours ago, ryodi said:

I’m looking forward to it but that has to be the least intimidating Batmobile ever. It jumping through the flames at the end of the trailer looks like something from a Fast and Furious movie.

Comics fans, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t a souped-up black sports car the usual Batmobile in the source material? I remember being told that the flashy sci-fi-ish Batmobiles were an invention of the TV shows and films.

(I haven’t read any more than the big obvious Batman graphic novels like The Long Halloween, TDKR and The Killing Joke, which probably aren’t representative of the Batcanon.)

12 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Comics fans, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t a souped-up black sports car the usual Batmobile in the source material? I remember being told that the flashy sci-fi-ish Batmobiles were an invention of the TV shows and films.

(I haven’t read any more than the big obvious Batman graphic novels like The Long Halloween, TDKR and The Killing Joke, which probably aren’t representative of the Batcanon.)

He's had more sci-fi style vehicles for a long time in the comics, but to begin with (and often into the modern era) he drove modified sports cars - Corvettes, Porsches, Jags. There are older purely bespoke designs mixed in, but those generally became more popular from the 80s on. And equally he's had some modern modified sports cars - I think he's had a Pagani or Lamborghini based Batmobile in recent years for instance.

It's looks edgy and dark, and I really like the style of it but not so sure I need yet another Catwoman and Batman star crossed lovers thing. Riddler looks interesting, I just hope they don't just turn him into the Joker with all that "what have you done?" kind of thing.

1 minute ago, monkeydog said:

They're probably traumatized by being made to sit through those sparkly vampire films.

I think they forgot that actors portray different characters in different films.

7 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

They're probably traumatized by being made to sit through those sparkly vampire films.

In 09 I was made to sit through a double feature of the first Twilight and Marley and Me. Didn't take anything away from Owen Wilson, I cried at that movie that was written purely with that response on a post-it above a monitor. It took longer to forgive Robert Pattinson, so I get the initial response, but he's redeemed himself a dozen times over through the years.

Did that 43/44 one appear in some sort of old live action show? I remember being on holidays somewhere and seeing a brief bit of some old black and white Batman thing with a car that looked like a pretty standard 40s car with a big fin stuck on.

19 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not according to the forum!

(it wasn’t included as an option). 

In fairness if you include TAS as an option there in any of the categories it wins. It's the best adaptation of the source. All the live action films have elements of what Batman should be, but none do so many so successfully as the TAS did.

16 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Glib, but the only films I've seen him in are The Childhood of a Leader and The Lighthouse. He was excellent in those and I'm sure he'll be fine in this. I just don't find what I saw in this latest trailer particularly compelling.

Rumour going around that the Flash film ends with multiverse merging shennanigans and Keaton will replace Affleck as the 'official' DC cinematic universe Batman (ie. sharing screen time with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Shazam...etc).

Too may many Batmen!