IGNORED

The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Goose

8 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I do think that within the next 10 years that will be a fun campy 60's tv show style Batman film and people will LOVE it for being so refreshing.

Live action? I thought Lego Batman filled this gap for people.

14 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Live action? I thought Lego Batman filled this gap for people.

Yeah, if I had any control over it then it would be presented more like a documentary of the original tv series. Something like DarkPlace with someone playing Adam West. That would probably be too niche though so I think it will just be presented as a movie in the tone of the 60's show. Lego Batman was just a cool modern cartoon, it didn't really capture that era at all.

4 hours ago, Capwn said:

Yeah, if I had any control over it then it would be presented more like a documentary of the original tv series. Something like DarkPlace with someone playing Adam West. That would probably be too niche though so I think it will just be presented as a movie in the tone of the 60's show. Lego Batman was just a cool modern cartoon, it didn't really capture that era at all.

Oh, I thought you just meant non-grimdark. Who would you have filling in for West's Batman?

11 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Robert Pattison as Batman, especially an emo Batman. He's just too pretty. Dem cheekbones.

I'm not sure how I feel about him as billionaire playboy and Gotham socialite Bruce Wayne. He's going to need some levity there.

On the black eye-paint thing. It looks like this will be first movie ever to not pretend the character isn't wearing a ton of black eyeshadow around Batman's eyes.

Every Batman has done this before now, and even the characters on Arrow and the CW DC shows do it. They just pretend that the mask covers the eyes, and there is no extra face paint.

So my question is this: what sort of percentage of the general casual audience are now going to be educated about the cheating with face paint having never realised before now? And given this film's honesty- will it influence all future media in terms of making the same choice?

I guess by "pretend the character isn't wearing a ton of black eyeshadow" he means when the cowl comes off it is magically gone so in the new  one the filmmakers are no longer "pretending it isn't there".

That is what I assumed anyway but the followup question is really odd as you point out.

"So my question is this: what sort of percentage of the general casual audience are now going to be educated about the cheating with face paint having never realised before now? And given this film's honesty- will it influence all future media in terms of making the same choice?

Educated about the cheating? I mean most knew as it was really obvious (the pretence was in the removing of the cowl and it being gone not the fact he was wearing it). So it isn't a very interesting pretence as everyone knew and those who didn't will... I don't know, realise they should have had their eyes tested years ago :D

I don't even think they did it this time to remove the "cheating" I think they did it because it makes Wayne look more grimdark/real/goth - and they'll touch up that eye makeup so it looks "perfect" in terms of effect - in reality they are two big black circles not artily smeared for emo effect - so there will still be "pretending" because making movies is pretending :D