The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

Now that is a fresh-feeling Batman. That looks like - and this’ll sound stupid maybe given the trailer - someone who could actually lose a fight, like he’s going to have to be an object of fear and one step ahead of his enemies because he’s not armored up like Robocop crossed with Dracula.

5 minutes ago, Ry said:

I really think Phoenix Joker will end up in the universe.

Bring it on. 

are those other guys in clown make up some kind of... Joker Army?

I like the look of that.  A serious take on the Riddler (Absurd paradox I know) is a great idea. 

Only issue I have is that with Catwoman, Penguin & Falcone in the film as well they are in danger of going down the villain overload route.  Especially as there are hints in that trailer that joker may feature in some way as well.

The trailer riddle is solved:

Excellent decoding work, chum, but let's face it: it's hardly What has yellow skin and writes? 

Spoiler

A ballpoint banana.

or

What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?

Spoiler

A sparrow with a machine gun.

25 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

Shocked to learn Trevor from Eastenders is in this! :blink: (Yes really)

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 20.27.14.png

Not as shocked as I was watching Chernobyl and seeing him doing a full frontal !

34 minutes ago, dino_jr said:

Shocked to learn Trevor from Eastenders is in this! :blink: (Yes really)

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 20.27.14.png

I hope there is a scene were he pours gravy on Batmans head.

@thor- I thought he was Colin Farrell. 

9 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Good trailer but it is still more grimdark DC. I was hoping for a bit more Bat fun.

That’s appropriate for Batman though. DCU’s main issue was trying to spread grimdark out onto characters like Superman.

9 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

That’s appropriate for Batman though. DCU’s main issue was trying to spread grimdark out onto characters like Superman.

Of course. I'm not looking to completely back to Schumacher Batman but maybe there's a happy medium.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Good trailer but it is still more grimdark DC. I was hoping for a bit more Bat fun.

Not for another origin story, they need to bring in the bat family to soften him a bit. 

I've realised a big name omitted from that trailer is John Turturro as Carmine Falcone.

Thinking about it, it looks like they're mixing up elements of Hush and The Long Halloween.

It's possible Turturro hadn't been filmed yet, or nothing useable in a trailer at least. I understand there was relatively little shot at all and the trailer was pieced together from very limited footage.

It looks ok - it seems Batman is destined to be gritty dark and brooding for quite a while yet.

I don't think there is appetite for a Keaton/Burton style comic book batman anymore which is a shame. Those two films are peak Batman for me a fantastic mix of comic book aesthetic with touch of darkness and lashings of gothic overtones. Returns was quite dark in many ways but punctuated with bright comic bursts.

The Nolan films did nothing for me but that trailer for this one gives me a little hope.

• Goose changed the title to The Batman - March 2022 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman