rllmuk
Goose

The Batman - June 2021 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

I really enjoyed batman v superman, especially the DC.

Batfleck was the best batman put to film but holy shit did justice league shit the bed. 

Batfleck has the honour of being both the best and worst batman ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

25 minutes ago, probotector said:

I really enjoyed batman v superman, especially the DC.

Batfleck was the best batman put to film but holy shit did justice league shit the bed. 

Batfleck has the honour of being both the best and worst batman ever.

Get out.

michael-keaton-batman-returns-108814.jpg

• Upvote 8

He was nail bitingly close in Justice League. 

The attempt to shift that version of the character towards a more jovial Batman, just didn't work for me. I get the argument that he was supposedly changed by Superman's death, and felt a bit cuntish for trying to personally murder him, but that's something that takes time. You don't turn him into a wise-cracking chuckle-fuck over night. 

And yes, Batman can be funny, but it has to be done right. 

• Upvote 3

Keaton was a great Batman. It's Kilmer and Clooney that committed crimes against batness.

Having only recently watched BvS, I can't see through how awful that was to accurately in any way rate Batfleck in isolation. He didn't seem great, I'd say.

• Upvote 7

24 minutes ago, Benny said:

There is no universe in which he was the worst Batman.

I prefer Batloony to justice league batfleck.

JC batman was a joke and a complete pussy. Plus the lighting made him look crap. He was like some kind of weird mix of Iron man and Adam West Batman.

chucklefuck is the correct term!

Will Arnett was funny in the Lego Movie, but the actual Lego Batman film was godawful. Really not funny at all. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, K said:

Will Arnett was funny in the Lego Movie, but the actual Lego Batman film was godawful. Really not funny at all. 

"plus it turns out that hairy one's a dude, and the metal one too, all dudes..."

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, K said:

It was still better than Batman Vs Superman, i think you'll find.

4 hours ago, Goose said:

This is now set for June 2021 - and with a new Batman. 

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1034041-the-batman-gets-a-2021-release-date

“It’s very much a point of view-driven, noir Batman tale,” said Reeves. “[The narrative is] very squarely on his shoulders, and I hope it’s going to be a story that will be thrilling but also emotional. It’s more Batman in his detective mode than we’ve seen in the films. The comics have a history of that. He’s supposed to be the world’s greatest detective, and that’s not necessarily been a part of what the movies have been. I’d love this to be one where when we go on that journey of tracking down the criminals and trying to solve a crime, it’s going to allow his character to have an arc so that he can go through a transformation.”

I hope noir doesn't equal grimdark but I'm sold on the rest.

you can absolutely do noir, without the grimdark, but you'll run the risk that you miss the Burton-gothic of Batman '89 and accidentally get

The Phantom

The Shadow

Dick Tracy

instead...

21 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

I don't care what positive things people have to say about Ben Affleck as Batman, I'm not watching Batman vs Superman to find out.

I can only imagine those 'positive things' are the Batman equivalent of being Rickrolled. It's a fucking appalling movie.

• Downvote 1

Can't they just make another Batman Animated series with Burnett and Timm please. It be a fraction of the cost of the movie but be a million times better.

2 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

It's scary to think that next year will be the 30th anniversary.

It's even scarier to think that it's actually this year. :blah:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, yakumo said:

Can't they just make another Batman Animated series with Burnett and Timm please. It be a fraction of the cost of the movie but be a million times better.

Young Justice is meant to be on par with the older stuff and the two seem to be dipping in and out of the animated films at least.

13 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Young Justice is meant to be on par with the older stuff and the two seem to be dipping in and out of the animated films at least.

I never really clicked with Young Justice sadly.  I wasn't really too interested in the teen ham fisted romance subplots straight from a Mexican soap opera. 

5 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

It's scary to think that next year will be the 30th anniversary.

Holy shit batman! 30 years old! Still an amazing two films. Loved Keaton and loved his batman, especially Batman Returns where he was as merc’ing fools all over the place.

my biggest complaint was the lack of batman action.

in fact, Batfleck probably had more action in BvS than all the other batmen before him.

16 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Bloody hell!  I still haven't adjusted to it being 2019 and it's nearly February!

I still haven't adjusted to Akira and Blade Runner being set in the present.