rllmuk
Goose

The Batman - June 2021 - Robert Pattinson Confirmed as Batman

On 18/10/2019 at 18:08, Mr. Gerbik said:

Add the Joker and we get a remake of the best Batman movie ever made!

I will fight anyone who disagrees - it's the best!

10 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

*Allegedly* we'll be getting a glimpse of the new Batsuit in a couple of weeks and it's...

..blue & grey, 70s style (or Adam West too I guess). White eyes are supposedly in too.

Told ya it was going to be a remake of the fantastic 60s Batman movie! Can't wait

16 hours ago, Joystick Chevron said:

*Allegedly* we'll be getting a glimpse of the new Batsuit in a couple of weeks and it's...

..blue & grey, 70s style (or Adam West too I guess). White eyes are supposedly in too.

Neal Adams era Batman on the big screen? Yes please.

• Upvote 1

There’s a Robert Pattinson interview on the guardian where he says ‘i don’t really know how to act’. I actually find him quite chameleon like in how he inhabits characters rather than it always being an extension of how he naturally is. In interviews he’s the happiest person in the world endlessly laughing and giggling like he can’t believe he’s getting to work with the directors whose films he stars in. Yet he picks quite intense roles. Already his filmography is better than many other talented actors who deserved better careers and have 15 years on him yet haven’t crammed in as many varied interesting roles in rich films. 

I tried to find a trailer of his new film Waiting For The Barbarians and there’s just clips available. Now..Mark Rylance is really acclaimed, i’ve not seen Wolf Hall but people swear by his brilliance in it. One of the best stage actors who wasn’t interested in doing films, Spielberg begged him etc etc and he’s done a few including this new film with Pattinson. But man every time he appears he’s sweet Mark Rylance who speaks in that tenderly soft voice, whether he’s doing an award speech or acting in films it’s literally the same. Maybe he just keeps picking roles who have near identical character traits to him. 

This clip..Pattinson’s voice is completely different to his own, the timing of the pause is excellent. I’ve watched it a number of times and it can seem like he’s reluctant to say the words he has to say, reluctant to impose whatever draconian punishment he’s compelled to, disdain for who he is talking to or disdain for his own position it’s hard to tell. You can’t see Pattinson at all really. Then Rylance appears and fucking ruins it. 

yeah. Looking forward to this Batman film. 

Have you seen The King on Netflix? Basically lifts the whole film out of mediocrity with his great performance of a character straight out of Monty python/chitty chitty bang bang

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Have you seen The King on Netflix? Basically lifts the whole film out of mediocrity with his great performance of a character straight out of Monty python/chitty chitty bang bang

Ha, I watched that clip a few days ago after the guardian interviewer mentioned it. I was straight to youtube. Not seen the film yet, my brother actually swears by its brilliance, keeps badgering me to watch it. I’ll take dodgy accent with a mesmerising self absorbed quality over accuracy any day. I enjoyed all of Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending. 

I kind of loved Outlaw King when everyone else didn’t, that too had i thought a terrific turn by an actor i otherwise don’t like, Aaron Taylor Johnson’s psychotic unhinged madman. 

Oh definitely watch it then, I also enjoyed outlaw king. Perfect for Christmas actually, pretty sure I fell asleep in the middle and still followed it. Helps that it's basically Henry V. 

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 08:18, JohnC said:

The rumour of Colin Farrell as Penguin now confirmed. 

Personally, I think he will make a great Penguin

6 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah he’ll dive into the role head-first.

Just don't expect him to pass with flying colours.