rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mortis

Arkham Knight PC tech-talk: settings, performance etc

I tried the same and after a few emails they've now replied with:

We are aware of some game play related issues affecting certain users of Batman Arkham Knight PC.

We are currently looking into the options available to solve this unfortunate problem and will update our customers shortly with a solution.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience this will no doubt have caused.

Shall I wait and see or press them further? I haven't mentioned yet that other people have received refunds.

Yeah had a few e-mails back and forth and they ended with the same reply. Did thank them for their quick replies though.

I did mention I had a 'friend' (lol) who did receive a refund based on this problem.

Shall I wait and see or press them further? I haven't mentioned yet that other people have received refunds.

I tried it too and got the exact same reply.

I had that reply about two emails before they gave me a refund (probably about a month ago). I emailed a week after that to chase, and got the reply of 'we're checking to see if the keys can be revoked and that we can offer refunds'. When I hadn't heard back about two weeks after that, I pressed them again, and got the refund email. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe they got fed up of me contacting them.

Sorry for getting your hopes up guys- I'd press them further though and see what they say.

They will probably refund us eventually. They actually have pretty good service, they are pretty quick answering questions and they refunded me for GTA V which I pre-ordered but didn't notice it wasn't the Steam version.

Based on the spec of the incoming update, I expect this game to become pretty much what we were hoping for pre-launch. I'm going to start a new play-through as soon as it comes out. Hopefully they'll have fixed the WIndows 10-related crashes as well.

I sent cdkeys a follow up email earlier today asking if there was any update about a refund. They emailed me back within 10 minutes offering a full refund, which has now come through. They said that the key will be removed from my Steam account which is fine, although I haven't been home yet to see if it has or not.

If you do fancy a refund it might be worth sending them another email.

I sent cdkeys a follow up email earlier today asking if there was any update about a refund. They emailed me back within 10 minutes offering a full refund, which has now come through. They said that the key will be removed from my Steam account which is fine, although I haven't been home yet to see if it has or not.

If you do fancy a refund it might be worth sending them another email.

Yeah I'll try again, especially as the game is now only a €10 on CDkeys. :/

The patch appears to be up 625mb you have to opt in to a beta to get it though.

Edit: It appears they put the patch up by mistake as it's gone already. Tried it quickly and the game ran at a perfect 60fps maxed with the nvidia options turned off, before it was a slide show so seems to fix the performance issues I was having a least.

Apparently it was replaced with a 400mb patch that reverts the game back to broken. Good news though, it seems to fix pretty much most stuff (textures apparently still a bit iffy) and there are ways of getting this beta2 patch and installing it.

Can't be too long till a proper release though..

I only played 10 minutes or so of it initially so I'm not as up on the issues as many but it does still seem a real mess to me, despite obvious improvement. If It had been released like this I think there still would've been a fair uproar given the console versions are apparently quite good. I'm running it on a 4690k and GTX 960 and with low textures (still all that's usable on a 2gb card, which feels ridiculous in itself), detail high and rain and light shafts on I'm getting constant drops to 40fps and regular ones where it gets down towards single digits and becomes a slideshow so even a solid 30fps isn't going to happen. Turning rain and light shafts off doesn't do anything much either. This is just gliding around right at the start - no Batmobile. Plus it just looks poor into the bargain, the in-game anti-aliasing in particular seems really bad (though obviously if everything else was fine there are ways around that).

No refund for me either since it was bundled with my graphics card :(

Certainly reading the reports on gaf it looks OK but not perfect, still using nearly an absurd amount of Vram on High settings but certainly folk with 970's or better are seeing a more stable framerate. I might give it a go - as long as it's not stalling for a second at a time when loading or taking ages to stream textures it might keep me from spending money on Mad Max or MGS V for now :)

I had no problems playing it before - thought I'd give this a go and it's worse for me. A good freeze/shudder when zipping around every 20s or so (maybe a HD issue?)

I deleted anything I could have changed and verified - mad it better/playable on high (no Nvidia stuff). Gliding round as fast as I can caused no issues I spotted, Batmobiling round boosting causes a little shudder (mainly noticeable from the sound...) every so often

It's running a lot better on my GTX970.

I've got everything turned up and all of gameworks on except for smoke. Seems to hold 60fps with occasional drops which gives me some tearing. I'm running adaptive v-sync.

Batmobile sections seem very playable. The tearing appears during cutscenes mainly which is odd as you would think less is going on to tax the graphics card.

I just took it for a quick spin, and performance seems a lot more consistent now. I was one of the lucky ones to start with, but the framerate drops I had in the Batmobile now seem to have been pretty much fixed. I had a couple of hiccups while gliding in circles at high altitude, but that was it really. It also seems to look better than I remember, but I played through the older games in the series quite recently which could explain that.

The new PC options and readings are quite nifty too. The game apparently uses over 4GB of VRAM maxed out at 1080p, so the 980 ti is proving to be slightly less of an insane purchase. :)

Yeah mine does look nicer on my 970 at 60fps and with everything including NVIDIA stuff on but less quality rain (which is what anyway?) it stays under it's VRAM limit.

Still no DLC aside from the Harley Quinn pack as far as I can tell?

At least they seem to have got it where it should have been about two months ago but it was still a gigantic fuck up. I know they never seem to have figures for PC but it would be interesting to see pre-order sales and then steam refunds etc. I wonder if rocksteady will be more inclined to port directly themselves for their next game. I wonder if Nvidia gave WB shit too, as it was a sort of poster boy for Nvidia cards but was so badly optimised it did almost the opposite.

From the sounds of it it wasn't so much the outsourcing but the lack of adequate time and resources to do the job that resulted in the shoddy port. It says it all that stuff as basic as AO was simply switched off by mistake at launch. It would have been far less harmful for all involved if the PC version was simply delayed instead of released in the state it was just to meet the launch date. I wouldn't be surprised if Rocksteady did the port next time around though if only for publicity's sake.

From the sounds of it it wasn't so much the outsourcing but the lack of adequate time and resources to do the job that resulted in the shoddy port. It says it all that stuff as basic as AO was simply switched off by mistake at launch. It would have been far less harmful for all involved if the PC version was simply delayed instead of released in the state it was just to meet the launch date. I wouldn't be surprised if Rocksteady did the port next time around though if only for publicity's sake.

Wasnt it something ludicrous like a 10 man team was given 2 months to do the port?

Given the insane man-hour to workload requirements, its a miracle they even got it up and running. I'd say the original porting house did a hell of a job considering. I'd bet they did some ludicrous overtime.