rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
LeighCb

Her Story

Her Story is out on Wednesday. I remember seeing the trailer for this ages ago, it has a person (Edit: Sam Barlow) from Silent Hill: Shattered Memories involved and it looks genuinely amazing.

The reviews so far have been tremendous, here's one:

http://www.pcgamer.com/her-story-review/

And here are some twitter people talking about it

post-12556-0-30839300-1435011314.png

post-12556-0-26294500-1435011335.png

I'm trying not to read too much about it but it's going to be like £5 pounds on Steam and I cannot wait to play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368370/

• Upvote 3

Silent Hill Shattered Memories background was enough to sell this to me. Purchased from humble bundle.

Yep, I've got this on preorder, looks very interesting.

I hadn't heard of this so as it looks fascinating and, following the announced closure of Tale of Tales despite Sunset being one of the best games of the last few years, I will be going that little bit further out of my way to support the more esoteric, and novel, end of the gaming spectrum...

• Upvote 3

Just been sent this for review, looks fascinating and cannot wait to get into it.

I played this for 15 minutes or so at Rezzed and I had to tear myself away in the end because I was getting completely sucked in and in danger of spoiling the story. Such a simple idea; buy this game if you're always moaning about no innovation etc.

I've started....I've paused it. I need to go grab a proper notepad and pen and a large mug of coffee. It's going to be a long night for Detective Marsh!

• Upvote 2

I hadn't heard of this and as it looks fascinating and, following the announced closure of Tale of Tales despite Sunset being one of the best games of the last few years, I will be going that little bit further out of my way to support the more esoteric, and novel, end of the gaming spectrum...

I've preorder too, which is unheard of for me. I think we should do more to support innovative projects like this.

I've preorder too, which is unheard of for me. I think we should do more to support innovative projects like this.

Absolutely.

I think it's a minor tragedy that Sunset was such a commercial disaster as it was a breath of fresh, immensely creative, air that did something entirely new in an industry where such innovation is depressingly rare.

From these previews I fully expect the same levels of genre busting and boundary pushing in this so, especially at the price, it would be downright stupid of me not to give it a whirl.

This reminds me of an old EA PC game where you had to solve a murder case through a mysterious program, anyone remember the name? It involved video editing and searching fake websites like some form of proto-ARG, and also weird golf minigames for some reason?

I hadn't heard of this so as it looks fascinating and, following the announced closure of Tale of Tales despite Sunset being one of the best games of the last few years, I will be going that little bit further out of my way to support the more esoteric, and novel, end of the gaming spectrum...

I had a very similar thought process, except I haven't played Sunset. I read positive impressions when it was released and I thought it sounded interesting but just added it to my steam wishlist with the intention of picking it up when it was super cheap in a sale. Then with them announcing they were closing their doors this week it's given me a bit of a kick up the backside to support some of these smaller games that are doing something different. I want more of them so I should really be putting my money where my mouth is (when I can afford it). So I bought all of Tale of Tales games on steam in the hope it helps them out a bit, even if it's just them paying off their debts.

Anyway, I preordered this straight after reading the pcgamer review. Plus it's only £3.23 to preorder on the humble store! That's peanuts! Looking forward to playing it.

I think I will be talking about it with John on this Friday's Brad 7 John's Game Reviews.

However, I also think it may warrant a discussion of its own too. Nudge, wink.

This reminds me of an old EA PC game where you had to solve a murder case through a mysterious program, anyone remember the name? It involved video editing and searching fake websites like some form of proto-ARG, and also weird golf minigames for some reason?

The EA one was Majestic, which I'm still gutted I didn't hear about until it had been and gone, but I think you're thinking of In Memoriam (or Missing: Since January in the US), which was great.

Her Story looks superb and I'm delighted it's getting such positive press coverage. Can't wait to give it a go.

• Upvote 1

In Memoriam (or Missing: Since January in the US)

Yes, thankyou!

And yeah, sort of knew it wasn't Majestic, but something clearly cross-wired there.

In Memoriam was incredible. There was a sequel too, Evidence.

I bet it'd be impossible to play those now, which is a shame as they're some of my favourite games. They basically started throwing up loads of walkthroughs once they'd been out for about a month. I wonder if they could provide a separate browser that automatically added "-walkthrough" to search queries? Hmmm...

Bought this today, can't wait to give it a go.

Her Story is out on Wednesday. I remember seeing the trailer for this ages ago, it has a person (Edit: Sam Barlow) from Silent Hill: Shattered Memories involved and it looks genuinely amazing.

The reviews so far have been tremendous, here's one:

http://www.pcgamer.com/her-story-review/

And here are some twitter people talking about it

attachicon.gifbiglime.PNG

attachicon.gifGlinner.PNG

I'm trying not to read too much about it but it's going to be like £5 pounds on Steam and I cannot wait to play it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368370/

He used to post here...

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/user/918-mrsambarlow/

I see this is being released on iOS tomorrow, but is it iPad only or also iPhone?

That's amazing news - had heard good things and didn't know it was on iOS. Need something like this after I finished Broken Age! Looks like it's on phone as well as pad.