E3 2015's no show games

What are the games that you actually know are in development (no tinfoil hat HL3 rumours, please) but were disappointed not to find any more information about at this year's E3? Zelda U's the obvious biggie, but we already knew that one wasn't going to be shown.

I ask because each time that E3 or some other big conference goes by and a load of exciting new titles get announced, I add the games that I'm interested in to a word document I have saved in the 'nerdy game stuff' folder I have on my laptop (alongside my Pile O' Shame list, my Games To Buy list, my games expenditure spreadsheets, and the reviews I post in the What Games Did You Complete in 20xx? thread :hat: ). Updating this list today and reading it back to myself in the process, I noticed a number of games announced last year that I was really excited to hear about at the time, but which didn't get a look-in at this year's E3, much to my disappointment, neither in any of the big conferences, nor on the demo floors (to the best of my knowledge, at least). In the hope that the initial hype I had for these games doesn't get waylaid following the Last Guardian/FF VII Remake/Shenmue III uber hype megaton, I've collected them here with videos and thread links, both for my own purposes and for your viewing and reading pleasure. If you've heard of any E3 updates for these games that I've obviously missed out on, do divulge.

Inside

This is one of the best game announcement trailers I've ever seen. It's friggin chilling. Announced at last year's Microsoft conference, I believe, it's made by the same guys who did Limbo. According to the website it will appear on XB1 'first', but I haven't heard anything more about it since it was first announced.

Hyper Light Drifter

This was announced before last year's E3, but its appearance at the Microsoft conference was the first I'd heard of it. Gorgeous art style. This once seems a bit closer to actually getting a release and its Kickstarter page has recently been updated with some brief gameplay footage.

Rime

Prior to the Last Guardian confirmation at Sony's conference the other day, this was the closest I thought we were ever actually going to get to a Ueda game. This trailer's actually two years old now, from Gamescom 2013. There's been tidbits of news since then, but not much in the way of major announcements. Release date is still 'TBD' according to Sony.

Vane

This was teased at last year's TGS in the autumn, and Vemsie made a thread about it at the time. Since then there's been a few updates, but nothing especially tangible, and the developer website lists the release date simply as 'When it's done'. Still, very Ico, very Journey, and looking very special.

What games would you have liked to have heard more about?

I don't really feel the need to see lots of a game before it get's released. I only saw one trailer for Bloodborne to know that I really wanted the game, and seeing a game at a show again can only be important to me, to prove it still exists - such as The Last Guardian.

So I really want to see Gravity Rush 2 to show it's still in development. It will definitely be a PS4 game but there isn't a vast amount of interest in it so I suspect it might get cancelled or is going to be a long long way away. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MsMSkDbHwk

I know it's never been officially announced, but I was hoping for some sort of confirmation of a next gen Red Dead. Either a GTA V style 'upgrade' or a sequel.

Rockstar don't usually announce stuff at E3 anyway.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is totally fucked, isn't it? Read somewhere that most the team had left so maybe in five years we might get another ambiguous trailer.

Hopefully it's on Sony's list of dead games they want to revive.

The Witness & Rime already mentioned above.

I also wanted some more news on the Criterion ATV racing game that EA mentioned last year.

Also are we not long overdue for a new snowboarding game?

Tomorrow Children is at E3. They even released a new trailer for it today. :)

I think Rime and Wild are saved for Paris Games Week.

Scalebound was the big absentee for me, but knowing it will be at Gamescom softened the blow.

Tomorrow Children is at E3. They even released a new trailer for it today. :)

I think Rime and Wild are saved for Paris Games Week.

Scalebound was the big absentee for me, but knowing it will be at Gamescom softened the blow.

Ok man thanks for the heads up!

Seen the (too short) trailer.

Maybe on the Paris Games Week we will have more gameplay shown.

Persona 5, although I wasn't really expecting any new details to show up either. Hopefully we'll see something new once the P4:DAN bonus stuff makes its way online next week.

And yeah, the absence of Bloodborne was a shame, although there were so many other interesting announcements across the conferences that I'm not too bothered. :)

Persona 5 was in Sony's coming soon video reel.

Ah. I think I skipped the 2am live show, caught up at a more reasonable hour by googling for new announcements on the game and then scanned through the conference itself, so I may have missed that. The E3 2015 trailer is still the same though (aside from translated captions at the beginning) and even though people are highlighting the 2015 release date for the west that's been known since February of last year. :) So I think it still qualifies under

were disappointed not to find any more information about at this year's E3?