rllmuk
toythatkills

Crypt of the NecroDancer

21 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Is this the bit right at the bottom of the lobby and to the right? It says “find me in Zone 2!”

I think there’s a glass key on level 2 you need to take to the cage on level 3, but I haven’t managed that yet. 

No it's unlocked earlier than that. Right hand side of the lobby, first one from the top

20 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

No it's unlocked earlier than that. Right hand side of the lobby, first one from the top

Ah, yeah. It’s the second gold key in Zone 1. Never bothered with it before because I couldn’t afford to spend 250 gold in the third level - couldn’t get there without buying better stuff!

Just went back and smashed my way through in no time at all. 

There are these people urns I’ve found. Are 3 bombs the only way to open them?

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

Ah, yeah. It’s the second gold key in Zone 1. Never bothered with it before because I couldn’t afford to spend 250 gold in the third level - couldn’t get there without buying better stuff!

Just went back and smashed my way through in no time at all. 

There are these people urns I’ve found. Are 3 bombs the only way to open them?

Its the only way i've found. But bear in mind that I'm no expert, so there may be another way. Not even finished Zone 2 myself. But I've seen my son get a lot further.

• Upvote 1

Beat Zone 3! That one was tough. I’ve been shying away from weapons which have a downside to them but used a +1 damage thing that increased the number of enemies and the karate outfit which doubles damage taken and done and absolutely bossed it. The boss (the chess one) went down in two hits. 

Zone 4 is hard as nails.

Is Zone 5 a bonus zone or something? I haven’t tried it but it’s been open since the start. 

16 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

Debating between this and cadence. Thoughts? 

I decided to buy this as it was on sale to see it I fancied Cadence, then like a few in here am waiting for a sale to get that.  

1 hour ago, ravnaz said:

Debating between this and cadence. Thoughts? 

The main criticism which has been levelled at Cadence is it’s a bit too easy. 

This has a wonderful loop of each zone being incredibly hard initially and you learn the enemy patterns, etc and squeak your way past eventually. Completing each zone has given me Dark Souls boss levels of satisfaction/relief. 

Mad to think I paid £1.88 for it. I’ve played nothing but since I bought it. 

11 hours ago, Dan said:

I decided to buy this as it was on sale to see it I fancied Cadence, then like a few in here am waiting for a sale to get that.  

11 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

The main criticism which has been levelled at Cadence is it’s a bit too easy. 

This was what I was afraid of.  Looks like the average time to completion for Cadence is 5 hours.  For £19 - I expect a bit more.  COTND is approx. 15 hours for the same $$$.

Buying Crypt for full price a week after it was under £5 would be a stinger.

It managed to grab top spot in the eShop from Cadence for a while but is naturally falling away now.

2 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

Buying Crypt for full price a week after it was under £5 would be a stinger.

It managed to grab top spot in the eShop from Cadence for a while but is naturally falling away now.

Indeed - I saw it's now at full price, up from the sale of around £3 - I'll have to wait now for the next sale :-(