rllmuk
Smoothy

Top Gear - Series 24

What I do hope they get rid of is the completely pointless "we decided to race all these buses/taxis/caravans driven by touring car drivers around this track. We told them not to hit each other... LOOK WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! THEY ARE CRASHING INTO EACH OTHER IGNORING ALL THE RULEs !! HAHAHAHA CRAZY"

That's literally all of every episode of Top Gear.

Eddie Jordan next

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/feb/05/eddie-jordan-poised-to-join-chris-evans-and-matt-leblanc-for-new-look-top-gear

Former Formula One team owner Eddie Jordan is set to join Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc as a presenter on Top Gear.

Jordan, a close and longstanding friend of Evans, is understood to be close to finalising a contract to join the new-look BBC2 motoring show.

The 67-year old has been part of the BBC’s Formula One presenting team alongside David Coulthard, who Evans was also keen to bring on board.

So much for a change of direction if it's just three middle ages white guys again.

Surely it'll be hard to fit that many people into every show so maybe it'll be Chris E & Matt as main hosts with the others doing bits here and there?

I'm reading "And on that bombshell" at the moment and its interesting that the reason the number of shows per series dropped off was due to the overall budget being cut but them refusing to drop the budget per show.  I wonder if the new one will be 6-8 episodes per season or if it'll be back up to 20 odd shows?

Looking forward to seeing this. Love Eddie Jordan because he is an argumentative twat. Sabine is a good presenter and she's fantastic behind the wheel. Watching the Daytona 24 last week and the presenters spoke to her. They asked about TG and her new confirmed role in the show. It was met with a quick "No comment. I'm not allowed to talk about it". 

Makes me chuckle though. How last year there was a lot of noise about BBC top brass trying to force diversity and females into every show. First major new show, there you are.

The inclusion of Eddie Jordan (who I don't mind) makes me wonder about the planned content. When Chris Evans was going through the line up in the radio this morning, he talked about Eddie's knowledge of F1. Which would imply to me that he'll be doing something motorsport / F1 related, rather than reviewing cars.

1 hour ago, Vespa Alex said:

On the upside, they clearly aren't trying a straight copy of the old format, but by having that many presenters they've pretty much guaranteed there's someone to annoy each and every viewer.

Didn't the old lineup of racist twat, thick twat and boring twat do that already?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jonny5 said:

Surely it'll be hard to fit that many people into every show so maybe it'll be Chris E & Matt as main hosts with the others doing bits here and there?

I'm reading "And on that bombshell" at the moment and its interesting that the reason the number of shows per series dropped off was due to the overall budget being cut but them refusing to drop the budget per show.  I wonder if the new one will be 6-8 episodes per season or if it'll be back up to 20 odd shows?

Maybe re Chris and Matt as main hosts but Matt just signed on to a comedy pilot series at CBS which, if picked up, will keep him fairly busy.  Seems therefore that his role could actually be less than the rest of them, perhaps filming segments based in the US?

2 minutes ago, Charles said:

Maybe re Chris and Matt as main hosts but Matt just signed on to a comedy pilot series at CBS which, if picked up, will keep him fairly busy.  Seems therefore that his role could actually be less than the rest of them, perhaps filming segments based in the US?

This is what I'm thinking. Sabine for the Euro filming stuff, Matt for the US filming stuff. Saves the team money if they have folks already in different areas instead of flying everyone around the globe.

Is Coulthard The Stig then...? Thought he was supposed to be involved in it too.

Imagine it will be Chris, Matt and A N Other for the long task segments, with the others covering reviews and whatnot.