IGNORED

Top Gear - Series 24

Smoothy

It was right on the borderline between funny and awful, but I have to confess that I laughed a lot at Dirty Cobra and the Preston Ranger, especially Freddie saying "howzat?" and his extremely mundane police persona when he pulled over Paddy & Chris. And Paddy's comic timing on trying to throw his coffee out of the window was pretty funny.

I like the team, but I still think they don't quite gel. It definitely feels like it's Paddy & Freddie on one side, and Chris on the other - I bet their relationships are a bit awkward off set. The vibe reminds me of a stag do, where someone's invited their friends from back home and their friends from work / university, and the two groups never really mix.

On 12/06/2022 at 22:45, layten said:

Balls of neutronium to do that bobsleigh run.

It's probably a bit mean to say, but Flintoff strikes me as someone who doesn't actually realise he should be scared by something. Like it doesn't filter through to his brain that it's a terrifying situation. He doesn't seem to be fighting his fears, the fears just aren't there.

Who needs stig when you've got Harris? Bloke is genuinely rapid in anything he's behind the wheel of, last week an old rozza car, this week a truck. Kudos due.

On 20/06/2022 at 10:00, ScouserInExile said:

It's probably a bit mean to say, but Flintoff strikes me as someone who doesn't actually realise he should be scared by something. Like it doesn't filter through to his brain that it's a terrifying situation. He doesn't seem to be fighting his fears, the fears just aren't there.

He reminds me of Guy Martin in that regard, though Guy eventually found his limit which is why he no longer races at the TT

On 20/06/2022 at 10:00, ScouserInExile said:

Maybe he’s got the same brain abnormality as Alex Honnold. Non-firing amygdala.

On 20/06/2022 at 13:09, marsh said:

Who needs stig when you've got Harris? Bloke is genuinely rapid in anything he's behind the wheel of, last week an old rozza car, this week a truck. Kudos due.

Have you heard the collecting cars podcast or the YouTube channel?

Both are excellent, pity the podcast is so sporadic now. But there's some great stuff from John Macguinnes, Nick Grist, Franchiti brothers and plenty others.

The podcasts have some real heavyweight engineer types on here and there, Gordon Murray (mclaren f1) and Andrean Preuniger (i think thats his name)of Porsche for example.