rllmuk
Smoothy

Top Gear - Series 24

Life's too short to watch stuff you don't like, read a book, play a game, go for a run, do something you like.

4 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

You know it's gone shit when Bob Mortimer is the best thing on it by miles!

APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY

32 minutes ago, whizzo said:

APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY

Never - nobody's wrong on the internet! :)

42 minutes ago, wev said:

Life's too short to watch stuff you don't like, read a book, play a game, go for a run, do something you like.

I've watched Top Gear for years, it's a Sunday night tradition. And for me it had found it's feet with Reid, Harris, and yeah I guess LeBlanc. You've got to give a lineup change time to bed in, but for me it's becoming a parody of itself. We're 4 episodes in and only Harris is doing the car reviews. The whole trip seemed to revolve around watching Paddy get stuck in a blatantly unsuitable car that he'd picked (yeah, right) and Flintoff helping to lift his motor out the mud. 

The previous episodes in this series had some laughs (and obviously the headbutt etc). But when you remove the guy who knows about cars (and how to find a gear in an old motor) from the road trip the shows weaknesses begin to come to the surface moreso than in previous episodes. 

1 minute ago, whizzo said:

Bob Mortimer is the best thing on.every show he is ever on. I want this man banned.

Ah now wait. I'd like to apologise unreservedly for this misunderstanding, as it was not my intention to insult the mighty Bob.

Bob Mortimer is awesome, heck I've watched him fishing and thoroughly enjoyed it. However, I may be in the minority, but usually I'm skipping over the whole star in a reasonably priced car as it's the worst part of the show. With Bob being on it however, it was easily the best part. It was the just the rest that was a bit rubbish. 

• Upvote 1

That was bloody great best one of the season yet. It was the last of the season too. 

The off roading in Iceland was incredible, no idea how they got up those cliffs. 

The Supra feature was great loved seeing Paddy enthuse about the car he loved as a youngster, then segued into a review of the new Supra. 

The Lotus F1 feature was genuinely fascinating and almost on a level with the stuff that James May used to do on old new Top Gear. 

Way less bullying too which was nice. 

• Upvote 2

A strong end to a solid series, a decent foundation to move forward with. Loved the Supra, that UK spec car most be worth an absolute fortune.

I do think that's one of the best seasons of Top Gear for a long while.  I also warmed to Freddie a bit (after realising how much my childhood bullies must have got to me).

Paddy was so much better than I thought he would be, very funny at times.