Smoothy

Top Gear - Series 24

Did anyone watch Carnage on Sky? Freddie was all right on that.

No real feelings either way about Paddy McGuinness as I don't think I've ever watched anything he's done.

Shame about Rory, I quite like him.

I like Freddie. But I'm never buying a leather bomber jacket. 

I quite liked the last series, were the ratings bad? It felt like it was warming up and they were all nice chaps. 

Yep with a arsehole cricketer, an unfunny comedian and the worst member of the current crew - I have a feeling we're into Chris Evans levels of awful again next season

Most of that feels like it was in the trailer for the last season. I’m still annoyed they’re ditching Rorie for a couple of Jacamo arseholes.

I just cannot see in any way how the next series is going to be any good. I definitely can’t see anyone on this forum defending the choices of presenters, that’s for sure.

Is no one watching this? I had to bloody search.

Given how low my expectations were it's actually quite enjoyable. Probably because my expectations were so low and the Sri Lanka section was shot so well. 

They are and none of it feels staged so far. It makes the cast change for the new series that much more disappointing.  

I think this was all filmed for the last series going by the number plates on the new cars they have in the studio. I've no idea why the BBC decided to wait until now to show it.

On 10/03/2019 at 21:29, wev said:

That Silverstone endurance looks brilliant fun!

I watched this episode just because I love these bits. I think when they did that 24hr in a diesel 3-series when Clarkson cried across the line was one of the best ever bits of Top Gear.

I liked when he pushed Chris Harris through the wall as that looked genuine. It's getting suspicious how these things always end with a tight finish though.

Good series, been enjoying it alot even if the Harris love in for the Porsche is entirely as you'd expect.

I must be alone in thinking that the two new presenters just might be the perfect fit. Flintoff is genuinely excited at getting the job, Harris is entirely watchable, and the only question mark in my mind sits with the other one.

It'll be ok, I do think that Leblanc had a clause in his contract that had something to do with spending a minimal amount of time on screen with Reid.

I was genuinely surprised to hear that Reid is "nearly 40" (he's 39) I was expecting him to be a bit younger than that

5 minutes ago, marsh said:

Good series, been enjoying it alot even if the Harris love in for the Porsche is entirely as you'd expect.

I must be alone in thinking that the two new presenters just might be the perfect fit. Flintoff is genuinely excited at getting the job, Harris is entirely watchable, and the only question mark in my mind sits with the other one.

It'll be ok, I do think that Leblanc had a clause in his contract that had something to do with spending a minimal amount of time on screen with Reid.

nah... I think it might be more about scheduling and availability.

It's boring and the forced "personalities" the presenters try to portray just bring the whole thing down. I used to love Chris Harris' YouTube videos, but the faux James May persona needs to be shot into the sun, and the fucking plant machinery stuff can fuck the fuck off. The Grand Tour got it right with jettisoning the 'celebrity' section, it has always been boring, but the one the other week with Gregory Porter just went on, and on, and on.

Shitcan LeBlanc, keep Rory and Chris, dump the stupid personas and get another presenter is what they should have done.

At least they will be better than the Jacamo wankers that are lined up for next season.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

On 12/03/2019 at 12:09, SeanR said:

nah... I think it might be more about scheduling and availability.

Think about how many episodes were just Leblanc and Harris? Reid can't be that busy....

Really enjoyable episode to end Rory and Matt's time on the show. Shame about the Jacamo ad previewing the next season however.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Really enjoyable episode to end Rory and Matt's time on the show. Shame about the Jacamo ad previewing the next season however.

And Rory looked really pissed off about it too.