rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Naysonymous

Football thread 2015/16 season.

Oh man, Chelsea already one down had a ball cleared off the line by atoms if the goal line tech is to be believed - then had Matic sent off for what looked like a really soft second yellow. Mou implosion #4933 imminent.

Kind of agree but he'd made a rash challenge not long before his 2nd yellow. I think he wanted an early bath.

Oh man, Chelsea already one down had a ball cleared off the line by a matter of atoms if the goal line tech is to be believed - then had Matic sent off for what looked like a really soft second yellow. Mou implosion #4933 imminent.

No way was it a soft second yellow. He completely blocks Sakho and pushes him over. Totally deserved and they're on very dicey ground with Terry and Azpilicueta in the book.

No way was it a soft second yellow. He completely blocks Sakho and pushes him over. Totally deserved and they're on very dicey ground with Terry and Azpilicueta in the book.

I was channeling my inner Mou. See the Grauniad's MBM agrees with you, I thought it was more of a coming together than a body check but I'm delighted to be wrong in this instance.

Going to West Ham and losing isn't a shock this season. It's never a shock for Chelsea. But the champions of England losing five out of ten league games with Mourinho in charge is undeniably 'special'. Even David Moyes is allowed to laugh at that.

The Blues were beaten in cruel circumstances at Upton Park this afternoon having had to play the whole second half with 10 men.

After West Ham had taken an early lead through Mauro Zarate, Kurt Zouma’s header looked to have crossed the line, only for the decision to go the home side’s way, before Cesc Fabregas beat Adrian but saw the goal ruled out for offside when he appeared to have been played onside by the retreating West Ham defenders. Nemanja Matic was then sent off on the stroke of the break for a second bookable offence.

The 10 men rallied impressively however and were the better side in the second half. Gary Cahill equalised 10 minutes after the break with his first goal of the season, but Andy Carroll’s late header, which came against the run of play, won it for the hosts.

I wonder what Louis makes of it all.

Great to see Chelsea struggling and also West Ham doing so well without Alladyce after he was so smug when they had a few bad results.

West Ham started last season really well, too, and then it fell apart post-Christmas. If Bilic can keep it going then who knows, it could be like 1986 all over again for the Hammers!

I like how Billic comes across in interviews. He always seems to be quite honest and humble. The anti-mourinho.

Dear Chelsea Fan,

Thank you for enrolling in the "What'll happen when Roman gets bored and fucks off" Preview Program.

• Upvote 2

If Billic can keep it going then who knows, it could be like 1986 all over again for the Hammers!

I don't care if we win anything or even finish top 6 or whatever. All I want is for the old girl to be given as much love and entertainment as possible for her last year and Bilic is certainly doing his bit there. He knows what the Boleyn means to the fans where the last manager didn't give a toss.

Super Slav's claret and blue army indeed :wub:

• Upvote 1

Tim Sherwood's gone. Villa could go down this season. Probably the right timing given the January transfer window is fast approaching. Who would want the job though? I'd like to see Gary Rowett given a chance with Kevin Summerfield as his assistant. He's nearby and he's done very well at Burton and he's stabilised Birmingham City.

Rowett is on record as a Villa fan too but I can't see us getting him. Obvious candidates would be Brenda (but he's probably quite happy to continue getting paid by Liverpool until something better comes along) Nigel Pearson (I bloody hope not) or David Moyes. Bob Bradley was linked with the Director of Football job earlier this year before Hendrik Almstadt was appointed and he's been linked with us before, it's unclear whether he has some kind of acquaintance with Randy Lerner but I'd presume they have at least met before given Bradley's time in charge of the US national team. He might be an outside bet for the job too as he's currently in Norway at Stabaek where he's doing a decent job by all accounts and I guess he'd want to move onto something more high profile before much longer.

https://youtu.be/J8kwr-7w2js

Sherwood lost me here. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until the Leicester game, or how he appeared to handle blowing a two goal lead. There have been a few times outmaneuvered by his opposite number and Leicester was just one of them but the post game sulk he went into isn't the behaviour of a man who is supposed to be in charge of the football team. If I were a player I'd be thinking to myself that he's a fucking idiot who hasn't got a clue what to do when things don't go to plan and that's unacceptable in my book. Maybe he was different on the training ground but the constant faffing about with the team, the bizarre selection and formation changes (he played one central midfielder against Swansea yesterday) and the manner in which he carries himself just seem to make him an even bigger target for the fans vitriol than he would be if we only took him on the appalling results.

Like I said, he lost me at the Leicester game and I'd have sacked him before the international break following defeats to West Brom, Liverpool (the 3-2 scoreline flattered us massively, they could have got eight) and Stoke. Presumably we will have a caretaker manager in charge for the cup game at Southampton on Wednesday but then we've got Spurs away and Manchester City at home before another international break. Is a new man going to want to come in for those games which we will almost certainly lose or would he rather wait and take over after?

• Upvote 1

How many bloody international break's do we need already? Everytime it feel's like the Premiership is building some momentum it goes on hiatus for a couple of weeks. Enough already. If Mourinho survives to the next one I'll be surprised.

Wonder if 'Arry's getting bored of punditry yet and would take the villa job?

• Upvote 1

Sherwood always looked totally out of his depth as a Premier League manager to me. Like he didn't really ever seem to have a Plan B if things went tits up. Or much of a Plan A come to think of it judging by yesterday's tactical setup.

I think a lot of newly qualified coaches and managers should learn their trade lower down the leagues where expectations are more realistic, rather than being thrown in at the deep end with a Premier League club where you can't afford to fail as there's far too much money at stake.

It did seem a little harsh. I also think Adam Johnson's celebration was hilariously over the top. It was a good penalty though.

Hate to say it but look's like Bournemouth are totally not ready for the Premiership :( I'll be very surprised if they stay up at this rate (mind you having Newcastle and Villa down the bottom there, at least gives them a fighting chance).