Naysonymous

Football thread 2015/16 season.

What a coincidence that Joses sacked the same day Pep says he's ready to leave Bayern ay. I imagine theyll be looking at a caretaker manager till end of the season and then try to bring Pep in.

The most upsetting thing is that this was the best ever chance for Wenger to beat a Mourinho team in a competitive game and now he'll never get the chance.

Still would have drawn 0-0 at home, mind.

The most upsetting thing is that this was the best ever chance for Wenger to beat a Mourinho team in a competitive game and now he'll never get the chance.

Still would have drawn 0-0 at home, mind.

The Community Shield is classed as a competitive game.

Awwwww, I was enjoying the Mou Meltdown Show.

Ah well, at least we've got his inevitable third stint at the Bridge to look ahead to, when he will have 'definitely repaired all burnt bridges (some pun intended)', be quite good, then be very good and proceed to win the league before going utterly postal in year three.

Something along the lines of invading a referees' get-together and going at them like Uma Thurman Vs the Crazy 88.

Shame, I'd now put Villa, Norwich & one of Swansea or Sunderland to go down.

Chelsea had no choice the players were just not playing for Jose.

Will miss him he is always good entertainment.

Gutted. They've been superb entertainment this year and it wasn't looking like it was going to get any better so long as Mourinho was in charge.

The players will knuckle down now and perform for whoever comes in, probably guiding Chelsea to a decent CL run and certainly no where near relegation.

So if he was given a 4 year, 13m a year contract in August, does that mean (as he's worked 4 months?) he'll get a 51m payout?!

Theoretically, but I suspect some kind of deal will have been worked out.

Guus Hiddink is the new manager till the end of the season, good luck.

A man who has done fuck all of note since about 2009. IIRC, didn't Van Gaal of all people take his Dutch team and immediately do better?

Anyway, a photo of someone hearing the news.

post-3861-0-30449700-1450379456.jpg

A man who has done fuck all of note since about 2009. IIRC, didn't Van Gaal of all people take his Dutch team and immediately do better?

Hiddink took over van Gaal's team after the world cup, and immediately broke them so completely they couldn't even qualify for the play-offs for the Euros.

So maybe there's still some hope of him finishing Mourinho's mission and getting Chelsea relegated this season.

• Upvote 3

His reputation will never be the same again. The first time he left Chelsea, he was unbeaten at home and departed in mid-September, after a disappointing start. This time he leaves almost half-way through the season, with the team having suffered many humiliating defeats, and only a point above the relegation zone. It isn't a clash of wills with the owner, it's the owner genuinely fearing that the club won't qualify for Europe. Mourinho will never be seen as a guarantee of success in the same way. I'm sure he will still have a good career, but, like a boxer after his first defeat, the invincibility is gone.

• Upvote 1

His reputation will never be the same again. The first time he left Chelsea, he was unbeaten at home and departed in mid-September, after a disappointing start. This time he leaves almost half-way through the season, with the team having suffered many humiliating defeats, and only a point above the relegation zone. It isn't a clash of wills with the owner, it's the owner genuinely fearing that the club won't qualify for Europe. Mourinho will never be seen as a guarantee of success in the same way. I'm sure he will still have a good career, but, like a boxer after his first defeat, the invincibility is gone.

He'll probably still end up at somewhere like Bayern next season. Although if Pep goes to City or Chelsea I could completely see United sacking LVG to appoint him.

I totally disagree, it seems to be the concensus (across ex pros tweets etc) that hes not tarnished, its just cheaper to replace one manager than 22 unmotivated players. He'll be fine, Chelsea on the other hand I think are in for rough times.

And he would have gotten away with it if it weren't for those pesky ballboys!

If it is to be Hiddink again - I'd rather it were Sherwood ;) - it'd be nice if people can twig Guus is pronounced "Hoos" - hence the puntastic (and now bust due to lack of new exhibits) Guuseum.

Sad to see him go, The players completely gave him the shaft and I'd imagine the clear out come the end of the season will be legendary.

If the players miraculously turn up now Jose is gone then I'm done for a while.

Carry on with panto season...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Although if Pep goes to City or Chelsea I could completely see United sacking LVG to appoint him.

I honestly don't think United want the whole circus that comes with Mourinho. As a United fan, I don't want him either. He brings very short term success but appears incapable of lasting more than three seasons and he carries awful behaviour and a constant media spotlight with him. I guess I'm lucky enough to have seen enough success at the club in my time that I'm happy to rule out a serial winner on that basis. I just want to see someone at Unitec who can make us exciting again to be honest (again, not part of the Mourinho package deal).

• Upvote 1

Sad to see him go, The players completely gave him the shaft and I'd imagine the clear out come the end of the season will be legendary.

If the players miraculously turn up now Jose is gone then I'm done for a while.

Carry on with panto season...

It's certainly going to be very interesting watching how they respond for the remaining games and especially in Europe. Then again, so many of them have been in poor form for a long, long time, you wonder if anything will get them going again (Matic and Fabregas has been out of sorts for most of this calendar year, for starters, Costa most of this season, Terry's legs have gone, Ivanovic,Azpilicueta...)

I wonder when he'll break his silence on things?