Gizamaluke

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Server Runtime Error

9 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

Quick question. I tried to move my sonic racing transformed save from 360 to cloud so I can play it on the Xbox one x but it won't. Am I missing something obvious or is this not possible for this game? 

Not sure. I sold my xbox 360 last year, but thought I'd moved everything to the cloud. I couldn't access my Sonic Racing Transformed save. So could be an issue, or user error (where I hadn't uploaded it) on my behalf.

Nice! Weird that 3 is backwards compatible but 2 isn't, but good to see it anyway.

I played a few hours of Sonic Racing Transformed at the weekend and....ouch, the graphics have not aged well on a 4K TV. Shimmering and jaggies all over the shop. I did stop noticing them so much after a while but it was a brutal reminder of how far image quality has come this generation. We're now getting games released with such pristine image quality that it makes it all the harder to go back to the old games which aren't X enhanced with their (often sub-)720p resolution and lack of AA.

16 minutes ago, Majora said:

I played a few hours of Sonic Racing Transformed at the weekend and....ouch, the graphics have not aged well on a 4K TV. Shimmering and jaggies all over the shop. I did stop noticing them so much after a while but it was a brutal reminder of how far image quality has come this generation. We're now getting games released with such pristine image quality that it makes it all the harder to go back to the old games which aren't X enhanced with their (often sub-)720p resolution and lack of AA.

Yeah, it's distractingly awful. Shocking, as I remember it being quite the colourful and attractive game at release. 

16 hours ago, Majora said:

Yep, the resolution is a real distraction. It feels like I'm wearing glasses with the wrong prescription. This game is one of the few ones left that would really benefit from a proper remaster.

11 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Seems we will be getting either GRID or GRID Autosport this week (or maybe as part of GwG)

well, not necessarily GRID, per se, as they're just retweeting CMs earlier tweet.

Personally, I'm holding out for the OG Xbox Colin McRae games 04 and 2005. If they hit the list before Rallisport Challenge 2...

• Upvote 1

Activision published Tenchu 3 in the west, Microsoft Studios published Tenchu Z. From Software handled the Japanese side of the business. Tenchu 3 on XBox OG was by far the best version: improved graphics, essential quality of life improvements (save system, ai, loading times), new and very awesome moves (like being able to pick up and move bodies - essential!), two new levels which are two of the best in the entire game, extra co-op options, new online mode etcetera. I want it saved from gaming limbo, it's a great game!  You can't even emulate it at the moment :( Yes, the PS2 version runs fine on pcsx2 but as described above, that version is vastly inferior - as a certified stealth game expert I would rate Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven on PS2 6 out of edge 10, and Tenchu: Return from Darkness on Xbox 9 out of edge 10. The differences are that significant. #savetenchu #philplz

And Tenchu Z is just an hilarious 100mph turbo Ninja sandbox stealth thing! :lol: I'm still missing 1 measly achievement for the full 1000/1000: finish the game on easy :seanr: Yes, this was a game from the dark old 360 days where finishing a game on a certain difficulty didn't necessarily unlock the achievements associated with the lower difficulties. I finished Tenchu Z on hard, then medium, and then got halfway through easy before I couldn't be arsed anymore. I would love to go back and finish that run! 1000 Tenchu points, baby! #philplz

• Upvote 1

Oh Swos is a nice surprise - didn't they remove it from the store a while back due to rights expiring (or was that Speedball 2)

I played a fair bit on the 360, for the first time. It still holds up in my opinion.

The version on GOG still has real names, if that bothers anyone. I loved the Xbox 360 game though. Still the only football game I can think of that had Newry Town as a playable side.

Loads of my 360 games are currently queued for updates, perfect dark, TR underworld, castlevania SOTN etc anyone know what the updates are? 

oh right, I see! Grid: Autosport was released on last gen. 8 months after the release of the PS4

And is the THIRD game, after Grid and Grid 2. That's why I've not played it / don't own it. So when people talk about "GRID handling" they might be talking about this game?

cos the first two were not very good.

• Upvote 1