IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

Just now, strider said:

I actually asked about droplitz the other day. There's a lot of technical stuff, but the short answer is it's highly unlikely to happen.

That's a shame... To be fair, I am likely one of a small number of people who'd actually want it. Thanks for inquiring though fella :)

No Mass Effect content showed up for me in the EA Access app, but it was *all* there when I searched the Store.

ME2 and 3 were showing as "owned" and installable, along with all of the DLC that I bought originally.

Some DLC said "show price" (or something like that), but it was just MP stuff I don't care about.

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

That's a shame... To be fair, I am likely one of a small number of people who'd actually want it. Thanks for inquiring though fella :)

I remember your rabid praise of it on release. It felt like you and I were the only people that loved it :P

3 minutes ago, strider said:

I remember your rabid praise of it on release. It felt like you and I were the only people that loved it :P

I was in the Top 5 for ages on the first level leaderboard... It had that same feeling as Tetris for me. I miss playing it. 

40 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The Mass Effect trilogy were all waiting in my ready to install section so I'm downloading the first one as I'm probably the only person on this forum to have never played any of them. 

They are awesome, you should play them. You should also install as much DLC as possible before starting each game. Also do not pay attention to the people who say the ending of ME3 sucks.

20 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Also do not pay attention to the people who say the ending of ME3 sucks.

It does suck. It sucks balls *however* the series is well worth playing. My utter fave franchise of last gen.

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Mass Effect 2 13.23Gb

DLC - Approx 5 Gb 

Total = 17Gb

Mass Effect 3 - 15.6Gb

DLC Approx 7.3Gb

Under manage game for ME3 I'm not seeing the dlc which I never bought so I'm assuming the paid dlc is not part of EA Access.

Namely Omega (£9.99 / 1.99Gb) & (Leviathan £6.75 / 1.65Gb)

Yeah, I had some DLC show up in the store, and additional DLC (including the day one stuff) then showed up under manage game. Only the stuff that was free or that I'd bought originally was available to download. EA Access must just be for the base games (which is fair enough, really).

2 hours ago, Flub said:

It does suck. It sucks balls *however* the series is well worth playing. My utter fave franchise of last gen.

It's my fave too, even though the original ending sucked.

12 hours ago, Fletch said:

The Mass Effect trilogy were all waiting in my ready to install section so I'm downloading the first one as I'm probably the only person on this forum to have never played any of them. 

Nope, I haven't either.  I bought a physical copy of the first game for PC at launch and played a couple of hours of it tops, and that's it.  Perfect timing for me too.  There's a silly amount of BC games I ought to play.

Gonna install the series for the Mrs tonight. She can replay these like I replay Halo. I enjoy them, but not to her degree.

Will be a laugh to see her drive the Mako in 1 again. First time I ever heard her get enraged at a game was when I heard her scream "FUCKING MAKO" from the other side of the house.

The big price drop on the Xbox One Elite bundles today has me tempted to buy one, largely for backwards compatibility.

Am I right in thinking that most games run better on Xbox One than on the original hardware? Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are the main ones I'm interested in, and I'm not sure if I wouldn't be better off just buying a 2nd hand 360 rather than playing them on the Xbox One. Are Lost Odyssey's infamous loading times improved?

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe