IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

14 minutes ago, Suplex Monk said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned,but COD: World at War is now BC :D.

Mentioned loads.  Was in a CEX last week, 30 copies of each COD apart from BLOPS1 which was cheekily expensive, and no WAW at all.

11 minutes ago, angel said:

Mentioned loads.  Was in a CEX last week, 30 copies of each COD apart from BLOPS1 which was cheekily expensive, and no WAW at all.

I usually keep track of the latest releases as well.Now I just need MW2 and I'm golden (will probably get released with next year's COD).

14 minutes ago, angel said:

They've been coming thick and fast lately, with frame rate improvements too. Apparantly WaW runs well, Sonic Racing should be interesting as it was 25fps on 360.

Cheers,that's good to know.Now I'm mulling over whether to continue my veteran run (IIRC it took me about three hours to get past 'Burn 'em Out').

Ive really enjoyed moving my discs from my 360 case to my ps4/bone case, but now the pendulum is swinging the other way, to retail releases, I'm starting to worry about running out of space.

I might have to move my bone discs to my OG Xbox/360 case and the ps4 stuff to my ps1/2/3 case.

And the DC stuff... I can put that in a case with my rediscovered Saturn collection!

I fuckin love backwards compatibility, me! And emulation. But mostly BC.

Yay!

If you guys/girls check your ready to install section there should be some free backwards compatible 360 games showing as available to download tonight (Gold members)

Bejeweled 2

Bejeweled 3

Feeding Frenzy

Feeding Frenzy 2

Heavy Arms

Zuma

No idea why, One year anniversary of BC perhaps?

Bit of a noob question but once I've put a back compatible 360 disc in and the One has recognised it and begun the download/install, do I need to keep the 360 disc in the machine, or can I put my next compatible 360 disc in and get that install queued up too? (and so on)

I'm aware I need to have the disc in to actually play the game but if I've got half a dozen 360 games I want to install it would be handy if you could queue them up!

On 06/10/2016 at 06:29, christaylor said:

Bit of a noob question but once I've put a back compatible 360 disc in and the One has recognised it and begun the download/install, do I need to keep the 360 disc in the machine, or can I put my next compatible 360 disc in and get that install queued up too? (and so on)

I'm aware I need to have the disc in to actually play the game but if I've got half a dozen 360 games I want to install it would be handy if you could queue them up!

As soon as one is downloading you can take the disc out and start the next one. 

31 minutes ago, Phil said:

There's a thread up on 'gaf reporting it's running better than on the 360 now, with some supporting videos from DF-style YouTube bods.

This would be incredible, it's my favourite Halo after 1.

I've just tried the updated version, and in the absence of any Digital Foundry-type testing, it still feels a lot smoother and more responsive - but then again, I thought it was fine before. The loading times seem shorter, too. 

That's really quite an incredible update.

Has anyone tried Borderlands recently? For me that was the worst performing BC game so far but I haven't tried it in a few months. Wouldn't surprise me if it's sorted now considering what they've done with the others.

Got to admit, this is the sort of thing that's pushing me very much onto team Xbox at the moment...I've very glad I have multiple HDMI sockets on my TV, and a whole load of space underneath it too...it's always been the case before that whilst I've had a 360 and a PS at the same time (on and off - last gen saw me buy and sell them multiple times in a stupid attempt to 'save' money...sigh), I've always had to faff around with taking out/putting in the cables whenever I wanted to play something on either of the machines. These days I just can press a button and I get all the gaming goodness...

Just so happens that the time's just about perfect for the Xbox to get it's share of the fun!

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe