IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

59 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Lost Odyssey is highly recommended for JRPG fans.  Probably the best of the Xbox initiative * runs off to fetch it from under the bed*.

Ha! beaten to the punch more pithily by Mr. Gerbik above.

Did the same - immediately grabbed it from my collection to see if all the discs were present and correct. I completely forgot how cheap Microsoft could get with multi-disc games during the 360 era! I mean, on the first PlayStation you would get those nice big and chunky multi-disc jewel cases, but on 360 you would get this:

ZLEvnE7.jpg

Microsoft showing its PC roots there :lol:

30 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

It was never available digitally.

Doesn't BC mean there's now a digital version? Any chance that will be made available to buy directly, any precedent for this?

13 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

That's 2 more games crossed off my wishlist. Vanquish and Crackdown are probably my last major wants for BC. 

Crackdown is probably not happening until Crackdown 3 and god knows when that's happening. the power of the cloud was allegedly so overwhelming that it got lost somewhere up there.

(which is a goddamn shame,I would love a new -good- Crackdown. Hopefully the game will pop up again at the next E3)

49 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Doesn't BC mean there's now a digital version? Any chance that will be made available to buy directly, any precedent for this?

Crackdown is probably not happening until Crackdown 3 and god knows when that's happening. the power of the cloud was allegedly so overwhelming that it got lost somewhere up there.

(which is a goddamn shame,I would love a new -good- Crackdown. Hopefully the game will pop up again at the next E3)

Sumo Digital in Sheffield are recruiting a narrative designer to work on Crackdown 3. I'd apply, as it's pretty much a dream job for me but I've just started a new role and Sheffield is too far for me to commute. I'd have to relocate and that's not going to happen since my wife earns considerably more than I'd get from that job and my kids are in school here and all our friends are here too.

10 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Sumo Digital in Sheffield are recruiting a narrative designer to work on Crackdown 3. I'd apply, as it's pretty much a dream job for me but I've just started a new role and Sheffield is too far for me to commute. I'd have to relocate and that's not going to happen since my wife earns considerably more than I'd get from that job and my kids are in school here and all our friends are here too.

Explain the concept of give and take to your wife and kids before applying for the job :)

On 9/23/2016 at 08:52, Yoshimax said:

Nuts and Bolts just received another update and is now apparently running at 360 parity or above. They've clearly had a breakthrough moment somewhere and are now revising all the previous titles to use this emulator build.

That's great news. I loved what I played of it on my 360 but barely touched it due to time constraints (heard it was a bit clunky on the one so didn't revisit) and would love to get stuck into it again :).

2 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

Best JRPG of last gen by a mile.

I enjoyed Infinite Undiscovery even if it was a little cliche.

I did buy blue dragon and Last remnant not too long ago in the hope they bring those 2 to backwards compatibility at some point (to avoid the price hikes when it's announced).

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe