IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

13 minutes ago, Karzee said:

Jeez, why that one and not Call of Duty 2? The second one was superb, especially on the hardest setting. CoD3 was gash.

You missed a whole discussion about it, and CEX upping the price by about a tenner.

41 minutes ago, DirkCrisis said:

Is COD4 coming to BC or getting the remaster treatment? For some reason I thought it was the latter but can't remember if I read it or simply imagined it.

I doubt you'll see it going BC anytime as it's getting remastered as part of the Infinite Warfare bundle. 

50 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Nuts and Bolts just received another update and is now apparently running at 360 parity or above. They've clearly had a breakthrough moment somewhere and are now revising all the previous titles to use this emulator build.

That's great news and excellent work from the technical miracle workers at Microsoft. N&B is one of my favourite 360 games and I was a bit disappointed by the initial BC performance, can't wait to try it out again now that it's all patched up!

I wonder what the figures are then for backwards compatibility and whether it's been worth their while, after them originally saying that nobody wants it.

If this forum is anything to go by it's been a big success and has surely made them realise we still want to revisit those old classics even after we've moved to the newest gen.

2 hours ago, Jon said:

I wonder what the figures are then for backwards compatibility and whether it's been worth their while, after them originally saying that nobody wants it.

If this forum is anything to go by it's been a big success and has surely made them realise we still want to revisit those old classics even after we've moved to the newest gen.

Well they got a few hundred quid out of me because of the backwards compatibility. There were so few games on the Xbox One that I wanted that I put off getting one. Once they brought this about it opened up a whole backlog of games that I never played (but wanted to).

2 hours ago, angel said:

Radiant Silvergun goddammit!  It's even MS published.

And Guardian Heroes while you're at it - plenty of Sega stuff has made it..

EDF2025 would be nice too, but I suspect that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy down the to-do list!

In terms of it being 'worth it' for them.. it's a great way to keep customers buying your brand each generation if they can carry all their purchases forward with them (whether they actually play them much or not..) You can bet it would have been a much needed plus point before launch..

6 hours ago, Jon said:

In a similar vein, I wonder what impact it has on their Xbox Live takeup thanks to Games with Gold. I'm sure there are plenty of people who buy the console and wouldn't have bothered with Live but for the four free games every month. Backwards compatibility lets them offer strong 360 games at a likely cheaper cost than native Xbox One titles.

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe