Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

50 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Plus they're taking their time with Mark of the Ninja.

Insaid before I quite like the dripfeed but it is getting daft now how few of the bigger titles have appeared. Mind, I wouldn't be surprised if with the exception of BLOPS they aren't seeing more of a resurgence in playtime on these XBLA titles. Just gimme Rez for fuck sake.

26 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Every time I see this has been bumped, I click on it with the slim, slim hope that ME2 and ME3 plus all DLC have been added... :(

When they've still got XBLA games they can do instead?

Today we're happy to announce that Red Dead Redemption will be released as part of Microsoft’s Xbox One Backward Compatibility program this coming Friday, July 8th.

Starting on Friday, every Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 owner will be able to play the game directly on their Xbox One, regardless of which version of the game they own (Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition). And for those who have yet to experience it, the game will be available to purchase on Friday from the Games Store on Xbox One.

8-)

Would recommend getting it sooner rather than later, last time a highly wanted title ( BLOPS ) went BC, it hit almost £30 before a fresh print run brought the price back down.

CEX had 2005 of them at £4 each earlier, down to 1960 now.

Is the DLC backward compatible too? I'm wondering whether to buy a digital copy (I already own the Undead Nightmare DLC) or to pick up the GOTY disc version for £10.

EDIT: Just discovered I bought the Undead Nightmare Collection, so I've got all the DLC, so digital RDR base game for me :D

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Is the DLC backward compatible too? I'm wondering whether to buy a digital copy (I already own the Undead Nightmare DLC) or to pick up the GOTY disc version for £10.

EDIT: Just discovered I bought the Undead Nightmare Collection, so I've got all the DLC, so digital RDR base game for me :D

Word from R* is that if you have normal, Undead or GOTY, you are able to play the game, so looks liek you've no need to buy anything extra :)

From Polygon:-

"Starting on Friday, every Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 owner will be able to play the game directly on their Xbox One, regardless of which version of the game they own (Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition)," the studio said.

8 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Word from R* is that if you have normal, Undead or GOTY, you are able to play the game, so looks liek you've no need to buy anything extra :)

From Polygon:-

"Starting on Friday, every Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 owner will be able to play the game directly on their Xbox One, regardless of which version of the game they own (Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare and Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition)," the studio said.

Thanks. I'm guessing that as I only own the Undead Nightmare DLC, and not the standaline Undead Nightmare release that I'm still going to need the base game?