IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

Maybe not day 1 purchase but a little after and swap Kinect with an elite pad to maintain a reasonable price point. I have a lot of 360 digital purchases so Xbox one would of been a natural upgrade.

Anyone remember the price of a bone without a Kinect?

£379? £399?

Now you want an elite in the box AND backwards compatibility. At launch?

You want the death star on a stick...

So..question. I have bought gears of war ultimate edition. If I play that I'll unlock the older titles on my account.

Can someone buy my copy in the future and unlock the older games too or is it a once only activation somehow?

You'll get codes sent to you on the 1St of December apparently (or around then as that's the rollout date).

They are only valid until a certain date too.

So..question. I have bought gears of war ultimate edition. If I play that I'll unlock the older titles on my account.

Can someone buy my copy in the future and unlock the older games too or is it a once only activation somehow?

Depends how far in the future - after 1/12 they won't qualify for the BC games.

Ok so lets say I play the game online on my account.

Then both my kids play the game on their accounts (different consoles)

Unlocked for them too?

I'm assuming it's as simple as anyone who plays online before 1/12 will get the codes sent to their account.

Depends how far in the future - after 1/12 they won't qualify for the BC games.

It's to the 31sr December, I checked this evening having bought a £15 copy from Game. Do you actually have to play online, or is single player while connected to Xbox live ok?

So I've got Lumines, Ikaruga, Dirt 3, then Gears 1 & 2 and Mirrors Edge on disc to install. What other of the current crop of back compat titles do you lot recommend?

I did have one of the Pac Man versions on my US account, which one should I get if I decided to, DX or original?

When did they put out disc versions of Ikaruga and Lumines?

Both the Pacman games are worth getting they're very different.

The 'then' I put was meant to signify those games after that were disc based :)

Hmm, still at a loss as to which Pacman to get! I guess the first one is more 'pure'?

The 'then' I put was meant to signify those games after that were disc based :)

Hmm, still at a loss as to which Pacman to get! I guess the first one is more 'pure'?

I liked the first one a lot, did a lot of score attack with it.

I didn't really click with the second one at all, barely played it once I had unlocked the (easy) achievements.

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe