IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

A shame Ubisoft are colossal bellends, as there are some games I'd happily grab otherwise there. Somewhat tempted by Full Spectrum Warrior, at least, though I could always just put the disc in!

On 14/12/2021 at 19:42, MikeBeaver said:

Chucked in some USA region titles last night, seems the console doesnt give a shit where they are from !! So I had a little pootle about on Timesplitters 2 and DOA 3, fuck me, DOA looks amazing!!

Imagine it looking that good even back in the day. Team Ninja did amazing things with the graphics on the original xbox and 360.

9 hours ago, SeanR said:

would you buy AC Rogue when there's a remaster?

Yes.

I did it the other way round, got Rogue as a GwG thing and then bought the remaster down the line. Still haven't played either of them though.

I know the Remaster has FPS boost if that helps. It is usually on sale fairly often as well.

Going through the BC list more thoroughly I discovered some sad  omissions: none of the PGR games are there :(. Too bad, I would've loved to play them again. MS aren't adding any more games to the list right?

Edit: And Sega Rally is also missing.

24 minutes ago, Sane said:

Going through the BC list more thoroughly I discovered some sad  omissions: none of the PGR games are there :(. Too bad, I would've loved to play them again. MS aren't adding any more games to the list right?

Edit: And Sega Rally is also missing.

Games with real cars almost never get BC for licensing reasons.  Forza Horizon 1 is very unusual in that respect.  Forza Horizon 2-5 and the Motorsport games can't even be bought at full price any more unless you find a physical copy.  So PGR is unlikely ever to appear.

Yeah I figured it must be something like that. The first 2 PGR games were real showcases for the system, I remember seeing demo displays of xbox consoles with PGR running on them. I was amazed and graphics and decided on the spot I needed to have one. And PGR2 was my first real experience with online gaming, I had so much fun playing that. 

4 hours ago, Death Adder said:

Games with real cars almost never get BC for licensing reasons.  Forza Horizon 1 is very unusual in that respect.  Forza Horizon 2-5 and the Motorsport games can't even be bought at full price any more unless you find a physical copy.  So PGR is unlikely ever to appear.

Horizon 4 and 5 are still available but it's an easy typo.

40 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Outrun 2, Jet Set Radio Future.... Let's hope a generic emulator comes along to fill in the gaps.

Already has, I've played JSRF on PC.

But JSRF is a frustrating one because it's one we KNOW is just music licencing. Because it works on a 360.

Another day another sale!! Great to see that there are a good few BC 360 titles on there too, some of which (Split Second I'm looking at you!) are crackers:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair £3.29

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow £6.59

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD £2.49

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 £8.74

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night £3.39

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two £2.29

Fallout 3 £3.59

Fallout: New Vegas £3.59

Fight Night Champion £3.99

Ikaruga £3.39

LEGO Indiana Jones: Original Adventures £3.74

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean £2.29

LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy £3.95

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars £2.99

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga £2.99

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues £2.29

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance £3.74

Silent Hill HD Collection £6.24

Skate 3 £3.74

Split/Second £2.29

STAR WARS Battlefront £4.59

Star Wars Battlefront II £4.59

STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy £4.59

Star Wars KOTOR II £4.59

Star Wars Republic Commando £4.59

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed £2.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II £2.99

STAR WARS™ - Knights of the Old Republic™ £4.59

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings £3.74

Toy Story 3 £4.59

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect are £2.09 each, Alien Vs Predator 3.74, Red Faction 2 £1.79...

There'll probably be a sub heading in the Deals tab when the store sorts itself out because there's too much for it not to be a BC sale. Unfortunately Otogi isn't part of it 😕

Do, uhh... do these count towards the only buying one game a month thing? Because I've been waiting for Burnout Revenge to go on sale since it was announced Backwards Compatible... and Max Payne 3... and if you're buying 3 why wouldn't you buy one and t

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe