Jump to content
IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

Metal Gear Solid 2&3 HD is £3.69 at the moment. (Unfortunately I bought it for £15 five minutes before it went on sale but live and learn!)


I thought they had been pulled from sale recently:

 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2021-11-08-metal-gear-solid-titles-temporarily-pulled-from-digital-stores

 

Guess they sorted it out then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 23:57, Mr. Gerbik said:

I uploaded my Tenchu Z save into the cloud ages ago. My precious save, with only ONE achievement left to achieve 1000/1000 is waiting impatiently for the day I can finally 100% that game. I'm not asking for Tenchu Z for the sake of it, I'm actually going to play it for real. 

 

Please Uncle Phil :(

 

 

Was it the "Killed 50 Tomikichi" achievement by any chance? That seems to be the last achievement that I got but it was offline so hard to be sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

 

Was it the "Killed 50 Tomikichi" achievement by any chance? That seems to be the last achievement that I got but it was offline so hard to be sure.

No... Remember back in the early days of 360, achievements associated with completing the game on various difficulty levels were separate even for lower levels? Well, Tenchu Z is one of those. Finished it on Expert, then again on Hard, then I played all the way through Medium. By that time I'd unlocked every other achievement. Then there was only Easy left, I got 6 or 7 levels in and couldn't be arsed anymore at that time. I thought, I'll get back to this.

 

So that's the only one left. Finishing it on Easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

Metal Gear Solid 2&3 HD is £3.69 at the moment. (Unfortunately I bought it for £15 five minutes before it went on sale but live and learn!)


How did you buy it? I just get a message saying it’s not available separately (or something like that)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just checked and the DOA4 price had changed (dropped) so tried it again and it worked so whatever fuckery has been going on it looks like they’ve fixed it

 

And fuck me it is still the best fighter on the planet. Amazing how badly they fucked 5&6 on the back of it and sans-Itagaki

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh, ever since the first few BC games disappeared from the store, Silent Hill Downpour and some weird shooter (you're still able to play them, but not buy them anymore), I've been picking up the OG Xbox and 360 games I really want as soon as possible. Never know when rights issues might pop up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Beautiful Katamari has gained Auto HDR and Quick Resume support overnight. 

Even though they've reached the limit on titles they're able to add to the service, I'm really glad they're continuing to improve the existing library. Phenomenal work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DOA4 is such a technical marvel it’s bonkers to think it was a launch title. I’d forgotten how seamless and slick and feature rich it was/is right off the bat. Where did they hide the loading? It just doesn’t happen - compare it to Tekken7 and it’s bonkers.

 

This is real-time it’s not CGI absolutely nuts.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Konami has pulled the original MGS stuff from sale because of a copyright issue with the oldey time footage included in some of the cutscenes from 1 and 2.

 

On 19/11/2021 at 02:11, Kryptonian said:


I thought they had been pulled from sale recently:

 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/amp/2021-11-08-metal-gear-solid-titles-temporarily-pulled-from-digital-stores

 

Guess they sorted it out then.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Tbh, ever since the first few BC games disappeared from the store, Silent Hill Downpour and some weird shooter (you're still able to play them, but not buy them anymore), I've been picking up the OG Xbox and 360 games I really want as soon as possible. Never know when rights issues might pop up.


@Kryptonian @Lorfarius @DeciderVT  this. It may be me (and Gerfick) but I don’t get the “wait for a sale” mentality - I want it, it’s basically a few pints and I would rather have it. Fin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:


@Kryptonian @Lorfarius @DeciderVT  this. It may be me (and Gerfick) but I don’t get the “wait for a sale” mentality - I want it, it’s basically a few pints and I would rather have it. Fin.


Yeah I’d agree. I was just saying I had seen something recently saying they had been pulled. Which makes putting them on sale a bit weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/11/2021 at 16:43, K said:

This release of BC games feels a bit less seamless than previous ones. Max Payne 3 seems to have lost my cloud save from the 360 version, and when you try to download any of the free DLC in the shop, it says you need a Gamertag to purchase it. FEAR 2 has deleted my save as well. Some games are only available on disc, some games are only available on digital.

 

 

Oddly enough, my Max Payne 3 save was intact but my FEAR 2 one wasn't.

 

Max Payne 2 Disc still won't work, but MP1, RDR and Manhunt are all gravy. Apparently Max Payne 2 has native widescreen and 60fps support so i'm eager to play it !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yoshimax said:


@Kryptonian @Lorfarius @DeciderVT  this. It may be me (and Gerfick) but I don’t get the “wait for a sale” mentality - I want it, it’s basically a few pints and I would rather have it. Fin.

 

I paid full price, it just happened to be discounted to an absurdly low price a few minutes after I bought it. I thought people here might want to pick it up cheaply before it disappears for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Down by Law said:

 

Oddly enough, my Max Payne 3 save was intact but my FEAR 2 one wasn't.

 

Max Payne 2 Disc still won't work, but MP1, RDR and Manhunt are all gravy. Apparently Max Payne 2 has native widescreen and 60fps support so i'm eager to play it !


I’m probably just going to bite the bullet and buy Max Payne 2 - I haven’t played it in about 15 years, it was one of my favourite games at the time, and I’m really keen to see how it holds up today. Even if the disc did work, switching discs when you want to play a new game feels archaic in 2021. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An understandable error given how ridiculously good it looks, but Kayin is showing off DOA3 there, and I'm pretty sure that game wasn't held back by netcode, seeing as it had no online multiplayer at all!

 

I have disc versions of DOAs 1-4, so my main problem right now is deciding which to play. 2 was my true love, but I played it to death on DC. Three I liked a lot (and looks astonishing), but I remember being disappointed by the lack of stuff to unlock. And 4 never really made an impression, but that makes me curious to retry it. And 1 was never more than a curio to me. Hmm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:


That’s older than most of the characters in it!

 

Arf arf!

 

Spoiler

If I'm being a boring pedantic so and so though, only the least interesting characters* in Doa 3 are under 20 to appease weird Japanese otaku / weeb tastes. Tina, Christie, Helena and every male character are over 20. 

 

*Hitomi's okay, actually.

 

3 hours ago, Wiper said:

An understandable error given how ridiculously good it looks, but Kayin is showing off DOA3 there, and I'm pretty sure that game wasn't held back by netcode, seeing as it had no online multiplayer at all!

 

I have disc versions of DOAs 1-4, so my main problem right now is deciding which to play. 2 was my true love, but I played it to death on DC. Three I liked a lot (and looks astonishing), but I remember being disappointed by the lack of stuff to unlock. And 4 never really made an impression, but that makes me curious to retry it. And 1 was never more than a curio to me. Hmm.

 

2 was the breakout, so I've extremely fond memories of it. 2U still looks amazing, and despite the simplified combat and excessive counter damage it's a lot of fun to play. Doesn't have Christie in it though.

 

4's probably the one I remember most at this point. A really cool combo system, excellent stages, some insane stage dynamics such as tables, slopes and moving cars... ah, it was a good one. AI was a bit too switched on though, perfecting opponents is really tough.

 

I actually liked Doa 5U as well for Rachel being added - she became my new main. Stages were less interesting than the Itagaki era though, it was stuffed with microtransactions, and beyond that was the dark ages where they started putting characters who looked about ten years old into it. I noped out very hard at that point. I've got some residual anger about it every time I think of the series now.

 

I'll post some videos of my recent BC trip down memory lane here.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.