Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

27 minutes ago, K said:

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand was developed by Swordfish, who were pretty good and had previously done Cold Winter - another UK-developed game that wasn’t perfect but felt like it was punching above its weight. It’s a shame they didn’t do much else after that, as I thought they were a developer with at least one more really good game in them. 

Ah, man! Cold Winter was great fun!! I remember being super impressed with that BITD. 

Is it BC on Series consoles?

17 hours ago, K said:

I had a quick go on Manhunt at lunch. It's interesting - especially if you imagine that Succession is a prequel, and that you're being given instructions by Logan Roy, having fully transitioned into his role as mad piss-king. The super-sharp Series X-o-vision isn't particularly flattering to the game's grimy VHS look, even with all the visual noise over the top - it'd look better at SD resolution. It's still super-atmospheric though - the John Carpenter-style ambient growling is perfect, and it's fascinating to go back to an era where developers were still trying to settle on how to control third person games. Like, right trigger is sprint for some mad reason.

Have you tried setting your xbox down to its lowest resolution 720p? May help a bit. 

8 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Have you tried setting your xbox down to its lowest resolution 720p? May help a bit. 

It would be great if you could set the resolution at a per-game level (and also an extremely niche feature), but not sure I can be arsed doing it every time I play the game. But yeah, I might try that later. 

I'm reading on Reddit that, if you bought a game using Microsoft moonbucks points back in the day, the BC version won't show up in your library on the recent consoles.

Sure enough, I'm not seeing Cloning Clyde, Scramble, and Time Pilot in my list.

Hopefully they sort it out soon ... I play Time Pilot on MAME a lot.

30 minutes ago, K said:

It would be great if you could set the resolution at a per-game level (and also an extremely niche feature), but not sure I can be arsed doing it every time I play the game. But yeah, I might try that later. 

I'm going to give a go tonight as well so I'll probably give it a go as well. Does the headset stuff work on it?

4 minutes ago, peeveen said:

I'm reading on Reddit that, if you bought a game using Microsoft moonbucks points back in the day, the BC version won't show up in your library on the recent consoles.

Exactly the same here. And I could've sworn I owned Ridge 6 digitally but it's not in my list.

58 minutes ago, peeveen said:

It provavly doesn't help if I say that Cloning Clyde and Outpost Kawhotsit showed up in my library and I bought them with moonpoints back in the day :unsure:

In other unhelpful news, I've bought and downloaded Max Payne 2 just fine. However, I haven't actually started it to see if works.

Sorry everyone :(

1 hour ago, peeveen said:

I used them for Geometry Wars and that shows up or are they just saying on these new games?

2 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

I used them for Geometry Wars and that shows up or are they just saying on these new games?

Could be just these new ones. On Reddit, there's a comment about there being two versions of some of these recent additions on the store: the original 360 game, and a "new" back-compat version.

17 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Nah I think people rinsed the store once the announcement was made and the stock keeping software didn't keep up.

More than likely they just couldn't be fucked, it's some poor bastard in store doing all the work for CEX eCom.

I've had an item not ship because "It couldn't be found" and then ordered it again literally the next day and had it ship. It was at all times only in one store.

34 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Not sure about this, I have loads I used points on that are on my series X

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect has aged extremely badly. Aiming and shooting doesn't feel good at all - it feels incredibly twitchy and awkward. The first level is set in a brown canyon, and the main setpiece of the level is a turret section where you're shooting invisible enemies. Hard to believe this came out six months AFTER Halo 2 and Half-Life 2.

43 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Of the new batch Max Payne 3, Bankshot Billiards 2 and Rock of Ages are the ones that turned up I’m missing several.

edit : found Time Pilot on the store it wants me to pay for it

Yeah, sure enough, I have BB2 as well, and the only payment scheme back then was moonbucks, so that's that theory blown out of the water.

Definitely doesn't seem to be as "slick" an operation as all the previous BC batches have been.

Does a game being added to the BC list ensure a digital store presence? I'm not sure if DOA4/RR6 have ever been available digitally in the UK/Europe.