IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

4 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Was your Mexican account signed in?

It's all unified on Xbox. Same email for every account. Failed verification - although at the time there was no RR6 page on the UK store - so I'm assuming this is why it failed. I've bought BC games from other stores and they've all played fine with my console set to the UK.

I've got to say that I bloody love the backwards compatibility that my Series X gives me!! The thing that does it for me is that Xbox and 360 games aren't just a rose tinted memory, they genuinely still look great (obviously 360 in particular, though that said Panzer Dragoon Orta WOW!) and play really well so I don't find myself getting that "oh, this isn't really quite how I remember it :blink:" that I've had with some older systems. 

Anyway, dunno it it's of any use to anyone but here's a list of the backwards compatible 360 games that are on sale from today through to the 22nd.

Bioshock 2 Minerva’s Den           50%        

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pass           67%       

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2         67%       

Conan   70%       

Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (not available in U.S.)   75%        

Prey       80%        

Spec Ops: The Line           80%        

The Bureau: XCOM          80%        

XCOM: Enemy Within     80%

7 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Suddenly thought that Red Dead Redemption would be lovely if it had an FPS boost to go with the 4k upgrade. 

Then thought it probably won't ever get it because R* are on a roll of being twonks.

Just think yourself lucky they aren't "remastering" it and reducing the framerate and making it look even shitter :D

Took one for the team on RR6.

You were all correct - it does not work so something different must happen with 360 titles.

Bought it ok from us store - I had enough credit sitting. Installed it ok on the Series X - won't boot, says I need the disc I will need to get from the Xbox store. :(

Looks like I need to get up in the loft for the disc.

35 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I remember Otogi's camera controls being utter bollocks. Are they as bad as I remember?

Oh, oh, oh, OMFG!!! It doesn't have an inverted camera option, which drives me mad, but I should be able to do that at OS level in the Series X. Is it seven o'clock yet?

🤯🤯🤯

17 minutes ago, amorenod said:

Oh, oh, oh, OMFG!!! It doesn't have an inverted camera option, which drives me mad, but I should be able to do that at OS level in the Series X. Is it seven o'clock yet?

🤯🤯🤯

I've had to set up a controller profile just for Gun Valkyrie so I can uninvert the Y-axis.

42 minutes ago, Alshie said:

You were all correct - it does not work so something different must happen with 360 titles.

Bought it ok from us store - I had enough credit sitting. Installed it ok on the Series X - won't boot, says I need the disc I will need to get from the Xbox store. :(

360 digital games are still region locked yeah.

Found DOA4 on the store last night and it kept throwing an error. Tried 4 or 5 times no dice. Checked today and the £16.74 has been debited for every instance where it failed yet there's nothing in my MS purchase history. Fuck sake.

7 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Found DOA4 on the store last night and it kept throwing an error. Tried 4 or 5 times no dice. Checked today and the £16.74 has been debited for every instance where it failed yet there's nothing in my MS purchase history. Fuck sake.

Same for me with the Otogi games.   I have the discs but thought I'd rather have them digitally.   I tried 16 times.

12 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

Same thing happened to me with all of the cheap Tomb Raider games last week. Everything stayed in the cart but they all downloaded when I visited the store page for each game. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to play them until I got a receipt from MS about five hours later.

2 hours ago, womble9 said:

I've got to say that I bloody love the backwards compatibility that my Series X gives me!! The thing that does it for me is that Xbox and 360 games aren't just a rose tinted memory, they genuinely still look great (obviously 360 in particular, though that said Panzer Dragoon Orta WOW!) and play really well so I don't find myself getting that "oh, this isn't really quite how I remember it :blink:" that I've had with some older systems. 

Anyway, dunno it it's of any use to anyone but here's a list of the backwards compatible 360 games that are on sale from today through to the 22nd.

ArcaniA Fall of Setarrif                   70%        DWG*

Bioshock 2 Minerva’s Den            50%        DWG*

Borderlands 2 Season Pass           70%        DWG*

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pass           67%        DWG*

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2       67%        DWG*

Conan   70%        DWG*

Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (not available in U.S.)   75%        DWG*

Prey       80%        DWG*

Spec Ops: The Line           80%        DWG*

The Bureau: XCOM          80%        DWG*

Thunder Wolves               70%        DWG*

XCOM: Enemy Within     80%

I'll be splashing out two pound and tuppence and treating myself to some mindless gunship action courtesy of Thunder Wolves as it's got that classic 360 game look / style that I really like :)

That looks great, like a jazzed up Desert Strike. Want!

If we buy it from here will lit work on the Series X?

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Thunder-Wolves/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584113f5

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

That looks great, like a jazzed up Desert Strike. Want!

If we buy it from here will lit work on the Series X?

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Thunder-Wolves/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584113f5

i tried clicking on that earlier on my desktop and nothing happens, on my phone it just hangs and if I search for the game on the store on the console nothing comes up at all.

Couldn't resist, bought Timesplitters 2. It still looks surprisingly decent, really nice clear art style that goes well with its low-poly models. The exaggerated reactions when your enemies get shot may be straight out of Goldeneye but they're still really characterful even after all this time.

My lord the controls are twitchy though. It took me an embarrassingly long time to shoot a single security camera. And there don't appear to be any sensitivity options in the menus. I need a Duke controller!

2 minutes ago, Gotters said:

i tried clicking on that earlier on my desktop and nothing happens, on my phone it just hangs and if I search for the game on the store on the console nothing comes up at all.

Did you search for two separate words? "Thunder Wolves" works but "Thunderwolves" gives zero results.

I had a quick go on Manhunt at lunch. It's interesting - especially if you imagine that Succession is a prequel, and that you're being given instructions by Logan Roy, having fully transitioned into his role as mad piss-king. The super-sharp Series X-o-vision isn't particularly flattering to the game's grimy VHS look, even with all the visual noise over the top - it'd look better at SD resolution. It's still super-atmospheric though - the John Carpenter-style ambient growling is perfect, and it's fascinating to go back to an era where developers were still trying to settle on how to control third person games. Like, right trigger is sprint for some mad reason.

6 hours ago, Gotters said:

So Ridge 6 is $10 on the US store - any reason if I stick my VPN to US and buy it then it won't just download to my EU X Series ?

2 hours ago, Alshie said:

You have to set the console to US and restart and the game works - I did the same, $10 credit from eneba and redeemed the code one region swapped the console - still less faff than having to put a disc in ;)

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, K said:

I had a quick go on Manhunt at lunch. It's interesting - especially if you imagine that Succession is a prequel, and that you're being given instructions by Logan Roy, having fully transitioned into his role as mad piss-king. The super-sharp Series X-o-vision isn't particularly flattering to the game's grimy VHS look, even with all the visual noise over the top - it'd look better at SD resolution. It's still super-atmospheric though - the John Carpenter-style ambient growling is perfect, and it's fascinating to go back to an era where developers were still trying to settle on how to control third person games. Like, right trigger is sprint for some mad reason.

with a headset it's incredible. Cox right in your ear telling you to do terrible things. Whistling to attract baddies and then murdering them with a broken bottle to the neck, or a cock in the ear.

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe