IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

6 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Did you already have manhunt or did you buy it for £11.99 off the store? I fancy giving it a go - loved it when I played it back in the day and it’s a game that sticks with you but I also don’t want to pay £11.99 :P

I just wait for the weekly deals and pick up any BC games I want.

I couldn't resist picking up the essential must-haves and likewise I'm awaiting the Christmas sales for the rest of the desirable BC games. 

Blood on the Sand and Fear still aren't available digitally. Might be a Driver San Francisco situation where they were able to make it BC, but due to legal or licensing issues aren't allowed to sell the game. I still have my copy of Fear for the 360 but uhm Blood on the Sand I ovly ever owned in a less than legal manner. Might be time to chase down an original copy!

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

So Ridge 6 is $10 on the US store - any reason if I stick my VPN to US and buy it then it won't just download to my EU X Series ?

You won't need a VPN but you will either need a US bank card or some US store credit. The game isn't up on the UK store, so you can't currently switch the region of your console back to the UK and play the game (verification fails) but will play fine as long as your console location is set to a country where it's available.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I couldn't resist picking up the essential must-haves and likewise I'm awaiting the Christmas sales for the rest of the desirable BC games. 

Blood on the Sand and Fear still aren't available digitally. Might be a Driver San Francisco situation where they were able to make it BC, but due to legal or licensing issues aren't allowed to sell the game. I still have my copy of Fear for the 360 but uhm Blood on the Sand I ovly ever owned in a less than legal manner. Might be time to chase down an original copy!

Probably timing. They'll need a store page or they fail the verification. Unless you mean they're on the store but can't be purchased.

2 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Probably timing. They'll need a store page or they fail the verification. Unless you mean they're on the store but can't be purchased.

They're on the store but unavailable for purchase. Unlike RR6, which just isn't there at all in the EU

12 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I had a quick blast on RR6 last night, then 7 on PS3. 7 seems better colour, graphics/gameplay over all.

DF did a feature on RR a few days ago, they came to the same conclussion of sorts, the 7 is basically a bumped up version of 6, but seeing as 7 isn't out on Xbox, 6 is what we will play 😛

This is an extraordinarily impressive update - there's almost too much to play at the moment. Not sure if this has been picked up already, but loads more games have been given an FPS boost including Alan Wake, Assassins Creed, and

*dramatic pause, music drops out*

Mirror's Edge. I've only had time for a very quick go, but it was lovely to play - they've already boosted the resolution, and the loading times were virtually non-existent on Series X, so to have it at 60fps is transformative. I had a quick go on FEAR, FEAR 2 and FEAR 3 as well, and FEAR in particular is very smooth. FEAR 3 is a bit juddery, and seems to be very much of that era when games were absolutely slathered in post-processing effects, and hence looks a bit weird, but FEAR is fantastic.

36 minutes ago, Gotters said:

If this is genuine doesn't look promising for RR6 - unless it is a games with gold upcoming title and they have to stay quiet

Linneman advocates for discs in his reply (he has his, of course) but it's a ridiculous situation. I have my RR6 disc but I would happily buy a digital copy so I didn't have to swap it into the machine every time I fancied a quick race. It's also not fair on anyone who wasn't fortunate enough to hold on to a physical copy from sixteen years ago and now has to source one.

1 minute ago, DeciderVT said:

Linneman advocates for discs in his reply (he has his, of course) but it's a ridiculous situation. I have my RR6 disc but I would happily buy a digital copy so I didn't have to swap it into the machine every time I fancied a quick race. It's also not fair on anyone who wasn't fortunate enough to hold on to a physical copy from sixteen years ago and now has to source one.

I looked quickly and RR6 discs already shot up in price on eBay - sure I skipped mine years ago. 

10 minutes ago, DeciderVT said:

I have my RR6 disc but I would happily buy a digital copy so I didn't have to swap it into the machine every time I fancied a quick race.

Relatedly, I have discs of a few of the new BC games that I'd love to give a whirl, but my main console is a Series S...

Do 360 titles work differently from regular Xbox one titles? I have the M2 Battle Garegga which isn't available on Uk store but works fine on my Xbox after I bought on the US store - I can't do the same with RR6?

I actually still have my disc but I would be willing to pay for digital for convenience and to save 3 hours going though boxes in my loft...

13 minutes ago, Alshie said:

Do 360 titles work differently from regular Xbox one titles? I have the M2 Battle Garegga which isn't available on Uk store but works fine on my Xbox after I bought on the US store - I can't do the same with RR6?

I actually still have my disc but I would be willing to pay for digital for convenience and to save 3 hours going though boxes in my loft...

There's some sort of region locking going on with the older store. I tried to buy Ridge Racer 6 with my card and PayPal and it wasn't happening. It does look like you could add credit, but I'm not sure if it'd lock you out from changing back with your 1 cent change (like on the Switch).

18 minutes ago, Alshie said:

RR6 (digital version bought off the Mexico store) wouldn't play with my console set to the UK last night (worked fine set to Mexico). Might have been a timing issue. Will confirm this evening.

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe