IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe

5 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Look guys, let's not get carried away. It was a throwaway comment meant in jest and if it caused genuine offense then I apologise for that.

The only offensive bit was some sanctimonious twat questioning a response that, especially given he's Scottish, was practically measured bonhomie anyway :lol:

Just now, Don Wiskerando said:

I don't think patronising means what you think it means.  As an example I am patronising you in this post.

XS5LK.gif

but you don't understand why I waved: I was acknowledging your mention of my name. Nothing more.

To ignore you would have been rude.

I find the drip feel of titles coming to BC to be really annoying. 

I'm more that entirely aware of the process behind this, the games are partially recompiled and there's a testing effort for each title added. But it's almost more like a free remaster service. which isn't that dissimilar to what Sony are doing with their PS2 classics, apart from the free thing and the fact your old discs work as a key. 

9 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I find the drip feel of titles coming to BC to be really annoying. 

I'm more that entirely aware of the process behind this, the games are partially recompiled and there's a testing effort for each title added. But it's almost more like a free remaster service. which isn't that dissimilar to what Sony are doing with their PS2 classics, apart from the free thing and the fact your old discs work as a key. 

I'd rather that than have to wait 6 months for a batch of them to be honest. And let's not forget that the publishers are involved in this as well.

1 minute ago, Hitcher said:

I'd rather that than have to wait 6 months for a batch of them to be honest. And let's not forget that the publishers are involved in this as well.

Yeah, totally aware of that. I just want the good shit noooow, and I want the moon on a stick. 

There's some games I want to replay and I'm often just waiting for them to appear on the XB1 BC service. 

It would be nice to know which games simply aren't going to make it to the service (a number of MS-published titles being obvious candidates), because as things stand there is an implication that any game might come to the service, when in reality there must be a good number that have no prospect at all, as has been alluded to by Bill Stillwell from the BC team.

Obviously there are publishers with all of the rights in place who for whatever reason haven't given the green light yet, so never say never and all that. But games like PGR don't appear likely ever to arrive due to expired music and car licenses and as the publisher MS must know there's currently no prospect of them becoming available.

A work-in-progress list (like the X-enhanced list) would be nice.

4 hours ago, stefcha said:

The only offensive bit was some sanctimonious twat questioning a response that, especially given he's Scottish, was practically measured bonhomie anyway :lol:

Thank you. 

On 15/05/2018 at 17:08, mdn2 said:

Used to be a big fan of the Fight Night series, and Knockout Kings before them, and this is the one I remember being most disappointed with. I wasn't convinced by the career mode being a story mode, it just seemed superfluous. I found the training minigames - something I'd enjoyed in the previous games - to be a bit too fiddly.

But the biggest problem was that even really high stamina fighters got tired after throwing a handful of punches. This meant that the best strategy was to cover up and wait for your opponent to get tired, when they would become very vulnerable. The CPU would almost always adopt this strategy, so being aggressive was almost always a bad idea, but being defensive meant neither fighter actually threw any punches because whoever got tired first would invariably lose. So a boxing game where it was a bad idea to try to punch your opponent. 

On 15/04/2018 at 00:16, fattakin said:

Where the fup is ssx tricky?

I really hope this comes soon as I'm a huge fan of SSX Tricky.

I finally cracked and picked up an xbox one x pretty much only because of backwards compatibility as I had a lot of xbox games back in the day and skipped the 360 completely.

I will also pick up red dead redemption in the near future. I have picked up Rare Replay as well as Sunset Overdrive and got Recore on special for a fiver though have only played Jetpac and Blast Corps so far.

I was playing SSX 3 at the weekend and my race times did not seem to save which I thought was strange. I haven't double checked yet but a friend of mine at work told me you need a live account to save games (he mentioned it needs cloud saves) on backwards compatible original xbox or 360 games. Is that correct?

Just beat me to it.  Just checked my ready to install list and there it is :D

My personal fav of all the battlefields.  Pick a class and away you go.  No messing leveling up and trying to unlock weapons. What you see is what you get.

On 23/05/2018 at 10:43, shirubagan said:

I can’t get Dark Souls to work. It keeps saying something about a save being uploaded from another console. I’ve hooked up my old 360 and deleted the cloud saves but still nothing. Any ideas?

Nope. I had the same issue with this and Forza Horizon. Tried downloading the DLC, etc but it would not find my save.

Has there ever been a reason given as to why the suspend/resume functionality doesn't work with backwards compatible games? I've got so used to the feature on Xbox One titles that having to actually reload the game for each new session feels archaic.

Of course, eight year old me cursing at lengthy load times for Rainbow Islands on CPC cassette doesn't know how good we have it.

That's possibly the case, though if the emulator suspends all processing then the game would be none the wiser. I suppose anything that relies on the actual system clock instead of some internal counter would be affected so you raise a good point.

• TehStu changed the title to Xbox One backwards compatibility - sales until the heat death of the universe