IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!

I think CEX is somewhat automated too.  Their system keeps track of how long something stays on the shelf.  If it gets snapped up immediately after trade in the price increases. Likewise, if they suddenly find RR6 starts selling the price goes up.  I don't think there's much human involvement or insider knowledge.  For example, the computer says RR6 is an old game for £6. Suddenly it starts to sell so the price eeks up to £12.  However if a human was involved they would surely know that the game just went BC and is hard to buy by other means, also it's going for £80 on eBay, therefore we increase the price, because an extra £6 shows they don't know the value of what they have.  Or there was a mad rush for the first few days which got the price to £12 and now it's not selling again.

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

There most be some kind of human intervention on the prices otherwise the retro stuff wouldn't be priced like it is. They've probably not bothered with RR6 because they didn't have any left and who'd expect a 360 game yongo for bonkers money.

I think their approach when it comes to retro is a lot more gradual. Slowly raise the price, until they reach an equilibrium. Short term spikes on eBay are ignored. 

Yeah absolutely, but the prices are always closer to the average on eBay than the chancers on Amazon marketplace on recent and retro stuff. Either they have a bot scraping eBay for titles or someone's paying attention.

I'm still pissed off I didn't get my Ridge Racer 6 when it was 6 quid. I ordered it as soon as it was announced as BC because I knew it'd disappear. I've got another one coming from a forumite but it's more than CEX were giving.

Ironic thing is I have a copy somewhere but I can't find it. It was also beginning to perish too.

A few 360 backwards compatible games are on sale this week:

(quick heads up that there's also a Sine Mora "EX" available for the XB1. Essentially the same game as the 360 one but with added Co-op, some new challenges, some versus modes and a bit of spit n polish. It's also often on sale coming in at about £3-£4 if you think you'd prefer it). 

Mars: War Logs £2.24

Outland £2.03

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands £3.95

Risen £11.24

Sine Mora £1.99

Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy £2.99

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Double Agent £4.79

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas £3.03

:)

On 26/11/2021 at 10:33, gossi the dog said:

Canada, the US and Mexico. You’ll also need to leave the console store region set to one of the above for the game to work.

thanks. It’s definitely confirmed you have to switch regions to play though ? 

Another bunch of backwards compatible 360 games are on sale this week (don't think I can resist a bit of Puzzle fighter!):

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger  £3.49

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood  £4.59

Call of Juarez: The Cartel  £2.99

Darksiders  £3.74

Far Cry Instincts Predator £3.59

Frontlines: Fuel of War  £2.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us  £8.24

LEGO Batman  £5.99

Midway Arcade Origins  £3.74

MX Unleashed  £2.99

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix  £1.69

:).

Generations is split between well-liked 2D stages and mixed-reception 3D; I enjoyed both, but a fair few people bemoaned the inclusion of the 3D. Definitely worth playing.

Unleashed is split between 3D Sonic sections equivalent to those in Generations, and mediocre-to-awful brawler sections. It was also afflicted by serious performance issues which did it no favours. If you find yourself enjoying the 3D sections of Generations, Unleashed is probably worth a try now that its performance is improved; just be ready to grit your teeth through the werehog sections!

53 minutes ago, evilashchris said:

I picked up FarCry Instincts, that's not been on sale for an age!

45 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

I really enjoyed Instincts more than the original far cry. It's great fun when you get all speedy and strong as fuck and just bolt around meleeing everyone. I think there was a homing charge attack that smacked people off cliffs that never stopped being hilarious. Also Serious Sam style dual wielding. 

I also got in on the Instincts action, for no reason other than I only had them on the original Xbox. A nice little digital version for £3.59 or whatever it was (free, really). 

Predator really went all out on the abilities so became a rare game where it just gets progressively easier the further you get. I remember it all looking rather gorgeous for its day, so I'm looking forward to seeing how badly it's all aged, even if this is a port from the next generation on.

6 hours ago, cassidy said:

I've bought second hand copies of Sonic unleashed and generations to try out on my series X. 

They any good as games? Not played a sonic game since adventure on Dreamcast. 

Also got a brand new copy of Binary domain for £9 

Up until Mania, Generations was the best Sonic game in a long time. The major problems it has/had was 30fps (solved by MS) and the fact that the graphics are very 'busy'. There's a lot going on especially at high speeds so you might get surprised by enemies or parts of the level you think are in the foreground but are actually background layers.

Unleashed is...look, I got it out a bargain bin for the PS3, the Sonic levels were decent, as good as you'll get in the boost formula, the werehog levels are so shit I had to drop it. If you're curious about it, give it a go but honestly you probably have better games to get on with.

9 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

I also got in on the Instincts action, for no reason other than I only had them on the original Xbox. A nice little digital version for £3.59 or whatever it was (free, really). 

Predator really went all out on the abilities so became a rare game where it just gets progressively easier the further you get. I remember it all looking rather gorgeous for its day, so I'm looking forward to seeing how badly it's all aged, even if this is a port from the next generation on.

like all the other far cry 1K’d and will never look at it again. Great game though.

6 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Gears 3 at 60 FPS is brilliant. They could have launched it as gears 6 and I would t have noticed. (Iv only ever played gears 1 and 5!)

All of them are fantastic fun to be honest. The games feel pretty transformed when playing them at 60fps that’s for sure.

A few more 360 backwards compatible games are on sale again this week: 

Assassin's Creed £4.59

Assassin's Creed Rogue £5.99

Bully: Scholarship Edition £4.79

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon £2.99

Full Spectrum Warrior £2.99

Grand Theft Auto IV £6.29

Midnight Club: Los Angeles £8.03

Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants £3.74

Rayman Origins £3.95

Red Dead Redemption £8.24

Rockstar Table Tennis £4.79