IGNORED

Xbox One backwards compatibility - Lots of new releases!

This release of BC games feels a bit less seamless than previous ones. Max Payne 3 seems to have lost my cloud save from the 360 version, and when you try to download any of the free DLC in the shop, it says you need a Gamertag to purchase it. FEAR 2 has deleted my save as well. Some games are only available on disc, some games are only available on digital.

I'm not complaining, as this is an absurdly generous release and consists of almost all the games I was still holding out for on BC (just Condemned 2, Space Marine, and Stranger's Wrath, really). Presumably the technical difficulties would indicate that Microsoft really have added as many games as is realistically possible.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Isn't it the same issue as with RR6, that they simply don't have the license to make it available in the EU? I totally understand that their thinking is "better than nowhere at all"

I’m not sure it is. RR6 isn’t available on the UK store. DOA4 is available on the uk store. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Isn't it the same issue as with RR6, that they simply don't have the license to make it available in the EU? I totally understand that their thinking is "better than nowhere at all"

no it’s literally on the EU store with a buy button it just won’t work

I don't know if this is particular to the "new" backwards compatible games or just a coincidence, but I've tried Mortal Kombat and Ridge Racer 6 (both physical discs) and both haven't recognised my cloud save from the Xbox 360. Usually I have no problem with this with other titles. Also any DLC for those two titles doesn't appear to be available for the Xbox Series X either. 

The recent update got me to look at what old 360 stuff was now available on my Series X. Ended up playing some Puzzle Fighter which felt like a perfect use of the service. The game works just fine on modern hardware and theres no need for people to go looking for a new version or for Capcom to put resources into bringing it to modern hardware. Its there already and its just works. Which is nice. 

4 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

I don't know if this is particular to the "new" backwards compatible games or just a coincidence, but I've tried Mortal Kombat and Ridge Racer 6 (both physical discs) and both haven't recognised my cloud save from the Xbox 360. Usually I have no problem with this with other titles. Also any DLC for those two titles doesn't appear to be available for the Xbox Series X either. 

RR6 and DOA4 didn’t use my cloud save either. Fired up my 360 and both were missing from that too. 

12 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I always thought that in the 360 era you could only store a limited number of saves in the cloud.  Has anyone tried re-uploading  a save from the 360 and seeing if it turns up on the new console?  I still have my 360 hooked but I don't have either of those games.

I made sure both were over on Tuesday night from the 360. I will have a look later to see if they see still on there or if they have been lost for good. 

53 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I always thought that in the 360 era you could only store a limited number of saves in the cloud.  Has anyone tried re-uploading  a save from the 360 and seeing if it turns up on the new console?  I still have my 360 hooked but I don't have either of those games.

I’ve tried it in previous BC games and it worked fine. 

My problem is both my RR6 and DOA4 saves are missing from my 360 which is weird. 
I’d unlocked everything in DOA4 on my 360. 

2 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

If I buy old 360 games with backwards compatibility, if I insert them into my Series X will they be added to my library and playable without the disc? ie can I borrow old games off people for a day and get to keep the games forever?

No, the disk acts as a key. You can install them but they won't launch.

7 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

If I buy old 360 games with backwards compatibility, if I insert them into my Series X will they be added to my library and playable without the disc? ie can I borrow old games off people for a day and get to keep the games forever?

Surely that's obviously not going to work otherwise we'd all be sharing around the games without actually buying them!

I know it’s an older one, but what’s the deal with Daytona USA and Jet Set Radio as they’re unavailable? I had a Google and was under the impression that I could buy them on the website, but when I try and pay it just hangs.

I’ve been completely away from gaming for what must be 8 years before I got a Switch for last year and only just recently got a Series S, so I’m gutted I could have missed out on Daytona!

Likewise would love to see RR6 on the store too sometime, shame that OutRun won’t happen!

2 hours ago, SegaMark said:

I know it’s an older one, but what’s the deal with Daytona USA and Jet Set Radio as they’re unavailable? I had a Google and was under the impression that I could buy them on the website, but when I try and pay it just hangs.

I’ve been completely away from gaming for what must be 8 years before I got a Switch for last year and only just recently got a Series S, so I’m gutted I could have missed out on Daytona!

Likewise would love to see RR6 on the store too sometime, shame that OutRun won’t happen!

The licenses or something for those games probably expired. If you already had them, they're now available to play. But Microsoft isn't legally allowed - for whatever reason - to sell them anymore.

4 hours ago, Skull Commander said:

I made sure both were over on Tuesday night from the 360. I will have a look later to see if they see still on there or if they have been lost for good. 

I can confirm all my cloud saves are working fine when the games are accessed through the 360. This must be a mess up on Microsoft end. 

2 hours ago, SegaMark said:

Daytona is licensing. JSR is strange as that's still up on PSN for the PS3/Vita.

21 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Tried DoA4 and Gun Valkyrie this morning. DoA4 doesn't really improve much visually, but is silky smooth. Gun Valkyrie looks incredibly sharp (Ui is pixellated to hell). Sadly BC does nothing to make GV easy to control.

DOA4 doesn't use upscaling nor 60fps boost.