rllmuk
Gizamaluke

Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

Brilliant, I punted the terrible collection on in the hope this was coming. The uncapped frame rate option in Bioshock 1 should be interesting under BC.

9 minutes ago, angel said:

Brilliant, I punted the terrible collection on in the hope this was coming. The uncapped frame rate option in Bioshock 1 should be interesting under BC.

Why was it a terrible collection?

Just now, Varsity said:

Why was it a terrible collection?

Bugs, poor performance, and worst of all...toned down water effects and no 'wet-look' to the textures.

XBone BC has mandated vsync so there might be a sneaky hidden 60fps mode in Bio 1.

1 minute ago, angel said:

Bugs, poor performance, and worst of all...toned down water effects and no 'wet-look' to the textures.

XBone BC has mandated vsync so there might be a sneaky hidden 60fps mode in Bio 1.

Each to their own I guess, I do remember people talking about it but I had no issue, I might still play the BC versions anyway for some shameless achievement whoring ;) 

It's all in the thread, the collection version is bad. Great games all...I'll stick to the originals.

here.. note the lack of lighting or water effects.

biowatervrpsj.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, angel said:

It's all in the thread, the collection version is bad. Great games all...I'll stick to the originals.

here.. note the lack of lighting or water effects.

I'm sure all that was prevalent but as someone who didn't go looking for it and instead tried to just enjoy a game I had a lot of nostalgia with I say again, I had no problems with it. I honestly don't care about water textures or any other textures! It was a noticeable improvement on the originals whatever way I look at it, I got my moneys worth and would recommend to anyone. 

Fed up of this culture we now have where if anything is out of place holes must be picked, I say again each to their own, please don't link another obnoxious video. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 7

11 minutes ago, Varsity said:

I'm sure all that was prevalent but as someone who didn't go looking for it and instead tried to just enjoy a game I had a lot of nostalgia with I say again, I had no problems with it. I honestly don't care about water textures or any other textures! It was a noticeable improvement on the originals whatever way I look at it, I got my moneys worth and would recommend to anyone. 

Fed up of this culture we now have where if anything is out of place holes must be picked, I say again each to their own, please don't link another obnoxious video. 

Im pleased you had fun, but I wanted the remaster to look better than the original not worse. It's not nitpicking, the originals are significantly better and miles cheaper. That 'obnoxious video' is a screenshot.

Anyway, great news, anyone who fancies playing them...BC is the way, not the collection, save your cash.

• Upvote 3

The Bioshock remasterers are not terrible at all, I've played through almost all of B1 and the artistic changes are subjective but it runs at a near flawless 60 fps. It weirdly drops with Fire effects on screen and that VG Tech vid is sensationalising it a bit by picking a very chaotic scenario. The DF videos are far better analysis.

Dare I say that you didn't play through all that much of the remaster Angel? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Yoshimax said:

All the Bioshock

Just walked in from Game after purchasing the Bioshock Collection. Thankfully still sealed so take it back tomorrow as I own them digitally already

8 minutes ago, buzz711 said:

Just walked in from Game after purchasing the Bioshock Collection. Thankfully still sealed so take it back tomorrow as I own them digitally already

I got the remaster with credit but don't own any of the 360 ones anymore - it's a good remaster I've enjoyed what I've played of 1 so far (not touched others)

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

The Bioshock remasterers are not terrible at all, I've played through almost all of B1 and the artistic changes are subjective but it runs at a near flawless 60 fps. It weirdly drops with Fire effects on screen and that VG Tech vid is sensationalising it a bit by picking a very chaotic scenario. The DF videos are far better analysis' Dare I say that you didn't play through all that much of the remaster Angel? 

Yes but I don't like artistic changes in remasters, I like the original art. Dumbing down the water effects in Bioshock of all games is a crime for a remaster. It's definitely a quick cash grab rather than a Bluepoint level of care.  I didn't play a jot of it, I returned it. I had been holding off a few years on a replay of the series knowing there'd be a remaster, but I want no part of a Bioshock that removes the wet look of the graphics.

1 hour ago, buzz711 said:

Check out the videos and stuff, if what I say sounds like it would annoy you, definitely return it. Infinite apparantly runs badly too, full of skips and hitches, so not even that is done correctly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, angel said:

Yes but I don't like artistic changes in remasters, I like the original art. Dumbing down the water effects in Bioshock of all games is a crime for a remaster. It's definitely a quick cash grab rather than a Bluepoint level of care.  I didn't play a jot of it, I returned it. I had been holding off a few years on a replay of the series knowing there'd be a remaster, but I want no part of a Bioshock that removes the wet look of the graphics.

Mate what you even doing talking shit in the Xbox forum? Getting all your little followers to neg me for stating how fucking stupid your opinion is? Fuck off back to the PS forums where you and your shit opinions belong. 

Context: He's a fucking cunt. 

Edited by Robo_1
Varsity was given a 24hr ban for this post.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 33

I too have managed to play some of the Bioshock remaster without suffering eye bleeds or anal prolapse at the quality of the work done. I too am clearly a moron and deserving of negs from a bunch of cowardly shitebags casting judgement on opinions they don't agree with but are unwilling or unable to express why in the medium of words. 

edit: It's great to see those that negged this post agree with my opinion regarding their cowardly shitbag status.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

38 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Mate what you even doing talking shit in the Xbox forum? Getting all your little followers to neg me for stating how fucking stupid your opinion is? Fuck off back to the PS forums where you and your shit opinions belong. 

Chill mate.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Quoting for preservation of inevitable collection of forums most overreactionary posts.

Reminds me of this - except not a joke

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11960243

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Cough, what!  Ive had an xbone for 2 years and i like it plenty.

Blimy!

• Upvote 1

Wondered how long it would take before angle came in here saying how terrible the BioShock Collection is, which he's never even experienced for himself no less!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

GUYS!

Happy Xmas ((Console) War is Over)

I can't fathom how these fanboy things are starting up again when we are two years in and most people own both consoles now.

• Upvote 5

Eh? Whether or not someone enjoys the current gen up-ports (given it gains framerate but also demonstrably has some missing effects) I don't get why he's being accused of being anti-Xbox? Both PS4 and X1 versions have these issues and the pic he posted showing the absent shader effects was from the PS4 version!
Besides, it's not THAT unreasonable to say he'd rather play the BC versions (which this IS the thread for) if he prefers those original visuals is it??

• Upvote 4

It's not unreasonable, no. Calling the current gen releases "TERRIBLE" is ever so slightly unreasonable though. Especially when you've not even tried them for yourself.

(I'll give him Infinite, there is some weird frame skipping shit going on in that game, but Infinite sucks anyway. ;) )

They are pretty sloppy ports tbh. And yes I've played it! Still looks solid enough though. 

I'm still waiting for Import Tuner Challenge. The one missing triple A game...

• Upvote 1

The two EDF games and Radiant Silvergun are about all I have left on my wishlist.. maybe Wolverine Origins too - though licensing makes that a bit more of a long shot..

EDIT: Proper EDF games - Insect Armageddon I'm in no hurry to play again..

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, MDY said:

Eh? Whether or not someone enjoys the current gen up-ports (given it gains framerate but also demonstrably has some missing effects) I don't get why he's being accused of being anti-Xbox? Both PS4 and X1 versions have these issues and the pic he posted showing the absent shader effects was from the PS4 version!
Besides, it's not THAT unreasonable to say he'd rather play the BC versions (which this IS the thread for) if he prefers those original visuals is it??

Of course crapping all over the PS4 version of a multiplatform game while declaring the Xbox 360 version to be the best, is terrible anti-Xbox propaganda. Especially if you emphasise how happy you are with Xbox One BC at the same time.  How can you not see that? Even @Varsitysaw right through it - and he can't tell the difference between a video and a screenshot!*  Unless... you're also one of 'them'?!

*which also explains why he couldn't care less about framerates

• Upvote 6

43 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

GUYS!

I can't fathom how these fanboy things are starting up again when we are two years in and most people own both consoles now.

And when we are adults. Baffling.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, I do wonder what went wrong with the Xbox fanboys there (beyond the fact they're Xbox fanboys of course). I did particularly like the "obnoxious video" comment when it was a screenshot. That was pretty clever. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

GUYS!

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1