Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Silent Hill is still in the current sale isn't it?

It's Downpour. I'm the same, just got refunded, SH: Downpour, Pure and Motocross Madness. 

@Super Craig Just reading through the thread...

"I don't think it's just licensing. Burnout 3 can still be bought and played on a 360, but it's not available for the Xbox One. You'd have thought that would be an easy target."

From what I can remember (and hey it's a long time ago now) - Microsoft own the rights to sell THE 360 VERSION of the software on the Store.

No idea if that expired or not, but IIRC (and could be wrong) but they bought the rights to sell that title and Black for that hardware on that Store.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I was standing on the edge on my toilet hanging a clock earlier, and I slipped and hit my head. So could be wrong...

23 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Nope. :(

hence me still avoiding it despite SH2 being one of my all-time favourites. I would love it if they made the OG Xbox original backwards compatible instead.

I think they patched the ps3 version, didn't they? 

23 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Nope. :(

hence me still avoiding it despite SH2 being one of my all-time favourites. I would love it if they made the OG Xbox original backwards compatible instead.

That's a shame. Although in my case ignorance might be bliss as I never got very far when I played in on the ps2. Too scared! 

4 hours ago, CrashedAlex said:

From what I can remember (and hey it's a long time ago now) - Microsoft own the rights to sell THE 360 VERSION of the software on the Store.

I remember reading an interview with someone from Microsoft. Because of the way BC works, where they take the original game, put it into the emulator, make tweaks to the emulator then have it download to the console it all counts as distributing a new game/package as far as the rights are concerned. So they have to get a new licence for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

After Microsoft refunded my copies of SH: Downpour and Pure, I just received a message from them offering £8 credit as an apology. So at least it's better than nothing. 

Was just asking this in the Series S thread as I’m looking to pick one up after skipping Xbox this gen.

Is there no way for me to play Afterburner and Outrun Online that I bought on XBL Arcade back in the 360 days?

What about stuff like SF3? 

1 minute ago, Ninja Doctor said:

You can redownload on a x360 but no for xbone or series. 

I was under the impression that the Series S and X would be entirely compatible with whatever is in your library. You won't be able to buy anything delisted. It if you own it already it'll be there.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I was under the impression that the Series S and X would be entirely compatible with whatever is in your library. 

For Xbox One games, yes. For anything 360/OG they need to be on the BC list. 

It's a shame, but MS are so far ahead of Sony and Nintendo on this stuff that it's hard to complain (much).

6 minutes ago, Quest said:

For Xbox One games, yes. For anything 360/OG they need to be on the BC list. 

It's a shame, but MS are so far ahead of Sony and Nintendo on this stuff that it's hard to complain (much).

Oh fuck, really? Bollocks, that'd a massive downer. I definitely won't need an X if I can't use the disc games I've got stockpiled :(

2 minutes ago, Quest said:

Well the list is fairly long, though I'd still be surprised if everything in your physical collection works.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

OutRun is definitely the biggest omission for me.

This is the problem. When they were making all the noise about BC on the X and with them discontinuing this program I somehow thought that meant they were working on a total solution to get EVERYTHING to work. I want Outrun, Sega Rally, DoDonPachi, Burnout 2, Otogi (yes most of these are sega games).

Christ knows how I came to that conclusion. Bah.

The rumours/hope is that once the X and S are out they’ll set the BC team back to work on bringing stuff over. There’s definitely still a lot of classics that’d I’d love to see. Fingers crossed it happens. 

2 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

There’s a few I would miss: Outrun, Rez hd, sc5p2, mvc2, sf3. Basically all the Dreamcast remasters. 

Shit I missed mvc2! Was that available digitally? I assume it’s gone now.

But yeah that’s pretty much my list too. Hmmm.

What about my JSRF disc I’ve held on to for years?

1 minute ago, Sarlaccfood said:

What about my JSRF disc I’ve held on to for years?

Nope, not compatible, even though JSRF was BC on the 360. Burnout 3, SSX Tricky, Gunvalkyrie, Blur and the PGR games are all MIA as well.

There are only 39 games from the OG Xbox on the BC list. I thought it was much more than that. 

Still, Panzer Dragoon Orta is one of them and that has to count for at least ten.

Just now, Sarlaccfood said:

Well my disappointment is that I’m not really though, after being under the impression I would be. 

Yes, if you've been PS4 only this gen, I could see that. Otherwise, I don't know where the confusion came in. I recall no mention of expanding the BC, which (sensibly) can only be the old stuff coming with you. I mean, I thought licensing precludes some games anyway?