rllmuk
Gizamaluke

Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

Kit Fisto is being added to Battlefront II? And that’s supposed to make up for the lack of Max Payne 3, FEAR 2, and Hot Pursuit, is it? This is the worst day of my or anyone else’s life. 

*sweeps everything off table in tears*

• Upvote 6

Hmmm a bit of a disappointing end, I know we couldn't have Outrun 2 but it still hurts that it's gone and it seems a bit much to set up a 360 just for that one game. 

Super Puzzle Fighter is good though I'll definitely have some of that.

And to everyone saying it's a poor final list: there's now every Splinter Cell game on the XBox One - even the 360 version of Double Agent. That alone makes this worthwhile.

And Asuras Wrath is awesome, you heathens. 

• Upvote 1

And nuts and bolts didn’t have performance issues on one-x. What’ll it’ll look like with the enhanced tag I look forward to finding out - it’s the ideal sort of game for it, a late in cycle game that the Xbox 360 couldn’t really handle.

I'm surprised the overall Xbox One list of original Xbox games is so small. It's mostly Disney (Star Wars, Indy) and Ubisoft stuff. It's great that MS delivered it, but there are so many great games we simply cannot play without an original Xbox (or ropey 360 BC at a push). I'm off to listen to the JSRF soundtrack and sob into my cup of tea.

16 minutes ago, footle said:

And nuts and bolts didn’t have performance issues on one-x. What’ll it’ll look like with the enhanced tag I look forward to finding out - it’s the ideal sort of game for it, a late in cycle game that the Xbox 360 couldn’t really handle.

It had severe performance issues when it was only on Rare Replay, and then on BC for a long time also. At some point they ramped up the quality level of the BC programme and went back to most if not all games already on there, and patched them all up. Since then Nuts & Bolts was fine, as you say. The X came out after that patch iirc. Anyway, Enhanced makes it way better still and that game truly deserves it:)

YESSSS! Syndicate made the final list! I've been waiting so long for this,  I love the cold, brutal gunplay, it's so cool.

From my list of wanted BC games I got them all bar one, Max Payne 3. Damn shame. I can only hope that it will be remastered one day.

1 hour ago, K said:

They’re not exactly going out on a high, are they? Kameo enhanced for Xbox One X, King Kong, Syndicate and Too Human. A sorry selection if ever there was one. 

Lumping in the brilliant Syndicate with those other games and then leaving off the great games like Asura's Wrath and Chaos Theory, while decrying the selection is a bit disingenuous

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

No Kung Fu Chaos, Rallisport Challenge 1/2, PGR 1/2/3, Outrun, JSRF?

I am disappointed

I know this has been said many times, but it would appear these are down to licences expiring

22 minutes ago, Chooch said:

All those Banjo games.  100% coming to Smash.

I'm tickled by the fact that the service is going out on XBO with 4K versions of N64 games.

• Upvote 1

Gutted they never managed to sort out whatever the issue was with Poker Smash that got it taken off the BC list. The developer seems to have gone belly up so it'll be stuck on the 360 forever. :(

The licensing issues will still exist when Scarlett comes out. I can't see that anything drastic is going to happen in that regard in the 18 or so months between now and then, so JSRF, Outrun 2 and the rest will still be stuck in limbo on previous consoles. There's the chance that relatively recent Xbox one games won't make it due to expired licenses as well, surely?

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

The licensing issues will still exist when Scarlett comes out. I can't see that anything drastic is going to happen in that regard in the 18 or so months between now and then, so JSRF, Outrun 2 and the rest will still be stuck in limbo on previous consoles. There's the chance that relatively recent Xbox one games won't make it due to expired licenses as well, surely?

what about if the SCARLETT backwards compatibility just works?

as in, you put in the disc ( from the previos three gens, if you still have it), and the game loads fine.

Don't need to worry about licensing then, surely?

I wonder where that leaves the future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles? If there's no scope for them to be backwards compatible will they try and phase the 360 side out of GwG?

3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

what about if the SCARLETT backwards compatibility just works?

as in, you put in the disc ( from the previos three gens, if you still have it), and the game loads fine.

Don't need to worry about licensing then, surely?

Ok I'm going to put on my guesswork, speculation and half remembered facts hat: I'd expect it'll be exactly like it is now, which means you put the disc in but it actually downloads everything from the Xbox store. AFAIK that means the games have to be cleared before they can be out on there. The only games I've seen not appear immediately for purchase are the ones that have 2 discs, and they turn up eventually.

2 minutes ago, Revival said:

I wonder where that leaves the future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles? If there's no scope for them to be backwards compatible will they try and phase the 360 side out of GwG?

Good point. Of those that haven't been given away already, there must only be a subset of them for which they can get agreement from the publisher to "give away" with Gold.

I think GwG's days are numbered anyway, with Game Pass being the new kid in town. I imagine at some point it'll become impossible to get Xbox Live Gold WITHOUT some form of Game Pass being included, or vice versa.

• Upvote 1

I feel strangely sad that they're shutting this down. Hopefully it can be started back up when the bulk of the work making sure Xbox One titles run on the next machine is done.

Fair play on calling it a day, they have done a good job.  Some titles I'm sad will never see the light of day (Need for Speed Hot Pursuit) but it seems with most missing titles it is down to licensing rather than any decision MS have made. 

2 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Good point. Of those that haven't been given away already, there must only be a subset of them for which they can get agreement from the publisher to "give away" with Gold.

I think GwG's days are numbered anyway, with Game Pass being the new kid in town. I imagine at some point it'll become impossible to get Xbox Live Gold WITHOUT some form of Game Pass being included, or vice versa.

I think you're right.  With Xbox Live slowly being subsumed into Gamepass, I'd expect GWG to go that way as well.