rllmuk
Gizamaluke

Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

Amazing - this is the best back compat update for over 12 months. I've been waiting for Orcs Must Die! for so long, thinking it would never come. Amazing work, I'm very happy.

19 hours ago, Stanshall said:

I would really love some 360 Cave shmups but I suspect it will never happen. I'd buy them all. 

Yeah I’ve got a few on my shelf. They made Guwange compatible ages ago, so why not Akai Katana / Dodonpachi etc?!

• Empathy 1

11 minutes ago, BBBBBB said:

In all seriousness wish there a few more original xbox games going up. Original 3D GTA trilogy or something

Or Tenchu! There is a fantastic Tenchu game that only came out on OG Xbox.

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Or Tenchu! There is a fantastic Tenchu game that only came out on OG Xbox.

How much different is Return from Darkness compared to Wrath of Heaven? I've only played (and loved) the latter.

30 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

How much different is Return from Darkness compared to Wrath of Heaven? I've only played (and loved) the latter.

Ooooooh it's different! It's to Wrath of Darkness what SF 2 Turbo is to World Warrior. There are two brand new levels, which I remember thinking at the time were two of the better levels in the entire game.

You probably don't recall, but in Wrath of Heaven you couldn't quickly restart a level - you had to quit back to the loading screen -loading- select load game -loading- select character -loading- select level -loading- select items -loading- start level FINALLY. In the Xbox version you just select restart level.

Also: way faster loading and at the time it looked a lot better/smoother - nowadays it's probably all SD to us, but still.

There are new moves and items and abilities, and not just any moves: you can pick up and drag bodies! In the PS2 version they have to stay where you kill them. 

Enemy AI was improved, they also chased you up rooftops now iirc and whistle for their comrades if they spot you.

Loads and loads of new or extended cutscenes.

That's all from memory, but I think that's most of it.

Edit: the annoying thing is that both Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows run perfectly well on PCSX2 on my PC, but I prefer Return from Darkness over Wrath of Heaven. Sadly, OG Xbox emulation doesn't exist so Return from Darkness is lost to history unless you're hooking up an actual OG Xbox or Microsoft brings it to BC in lovely 4k form 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

I think this has been said multiple times before, but won't the licenced cars in Outrun prevent it from ever appearing on BC?

I'm pretty sure this is the case. We could fire up the S0L signal and ask him, he might know?

2 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I think this has been said multiple times before, but won't the licenced cars in Outrun prevent it from ever appearing on BC?

Yep, it'll never ever happen in a million years. Of course they could remake it and just remove the licenses as they've done with Outrun in the past eg. Shenmue etc.

13 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

There're no licenced cars in Ridge Racer so there's no excuse there. They need to add Ridge Racer to the BC list immediately. Ridge Racer. 

yes, it's about time R: Racing Evolution found a wider audience...

[edit]

I also wouldn't mind if Racing Evoluzione (Apex) got the BC treatment

and PGR and PGR2 please!

13 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

There're no licenced cars in Ridge Racer so there's no excuse there. They need to add Ridge Racer to the BC list immediately. Ridge Racer. 

I guess it depends on who owns the music rights.