Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

18 hours ago, Bojangle said:

These redone cinematics in FFXIII look bloody glorious. :wub:

The whole thing does look great, even on a One S and 1080p monitor.

I grabbed my copy off the shelf at home to bring with me, got it installed this morning, found my cloud save ( from 11/1/2012 !! ) and am about to dive back into disc 3, maybe I'll get it finished now :)

To maybe balance out some opinion, I absolutely loved FF13.

Another game that I waited to play on a media black out.. then didn't check the internet till I was pretty much finished and totally shocked and the wave of negativity directed at it. 

I liked the almost progressive tutorial that was Cocoon -- even the name hits at the contained nature of the first chunk of the game -- that totally opens up with Pulse. It all feels a lot more deliberate than people seem to realise. 

I'm playing FFXIII for the first time on my X and right now the linearity and slow ramp up of complexity is really nice comfort food. I can relax into the world without having a massive list of chores to do or find. It's really nice. With the X enhancements the character models look up to date (except for their fingers) it really shows the quality of the art work.

7 minutes ago, stefcha said:

What's so bad about those in comparison?

The production values drop off drastically. XIII 2 is such a convoluted mess it is practically impossible without a guide and Lightning Returns feels more like a mobile game. They are confusing cash grabs lacking in focus and any real charm. 

Just my opinion of course but I'm right.

• 2 weeks later...

I love that every time I click on this thread hoping for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit I see Gerbik hoping for Tenchu. 

I really hope the two get announced on the same day. Or failing that I hope Hot Pursuit gets announced and screw Tenchu. 

Anyone remember how good Hot Pursuit was? 

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

I love that every time I click on this thread hoping for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit I see Gerbik hoping for Tenchu. 

I really hope the two get announced on the same day. Or failing that I hope Hot Pursuit gets announced and screw Tenchu. 

Anyone remember how good Hot Pursuit was? 

Add me to the ‘pray for Hot Pursuit, screw Gerbik and his Tenchu’* crew. 

*I kinda hope Back Compat Santa is kind to Gerbik too

The fact that not a single Need for Speed game has been made backwards compatible makes me think Hot Pursuit is unlikely to arrive. Loads of EA's other games from that period have been added - all the Dead Space games, Mirror's Edge, MoH: Airborne, all the Mass Effect games, Skate 3, Burnout Paradise, etc - which makes me think there must be some reason why the NFS games aren't coming. Probably licensing.