rllmuk
Opinionated Ham Scarecrow

Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

i just realised...its no longer available on digital on PC!? 0_o apparently it got pulled a few years ago due to publisher issues. bit of a shame, great game! another alan wake it is :(

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

Activision :(

8 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

i just realised...its no longer available on digital on PC!? 0_o apparently it got pulled a few years ago due to publisher issues. bit of a shame, great game! another alan wake it is :(

I didn't realize either of these things and they do not bode well for the game ever coming BC. That's depressing :(

The latest Digital Foundry made me remember that I never gave the Undead Nightmare DLC for RDR much of a chance because of the crappy framerate, which made pulling off zombie headshots a chore. Now it’s a solid 30fps I can actually give it a proper go. 

Yeah, so the enhancements to Undead Nightmare make the game much more fun. I remember now: it's a mode when you have hardly an ammo, and zombies take a fuck-tonne of damage before they stay down, unless - crucially - you can score a headshot. Trying to hit a little zombie head as it lurches around when you're somewhere between 25 and 30fps is an exercise in frustration, and why I didn't play it for more than an hour on release.

But in 4K and at a solid 30, it suddenly becomes incredibly satisfying. It's a great example of enhanced BC actually making a game more playable than it was on its initial release.

I also forgot how fun Dead Eye is:

WarpedVibrantGoitered-size_restricted.gi

• Upvote 1

Dead Space is finished.  It took nine years to get the last achievement and without bc I probably wouldn't have gone back.  I thoroughly enjoyed he whole thing from beginning to end and the panic on Impossible difficulty was incredible at times.

The last boss is a letdown though.  It went down surprisingly easily.

I think I might return to Dead Space 2 and 3, which i never finished.

Taken on face value, that tweet is incredibly sinister. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Banterbury said:

Does anyone know what time the store updates? Sat here with my Orta disc like a goon. :lol:

Installing now.

3 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Installing now.

Disc version??

Tried mine about 10 times over the course of the day and again just now and it's still not having it!?! :huh:

Yep, disc. Also Jade Empire, but not Morrowind here.  

Morrowind GOTY disc doesn't get recognised but vanilla disc does.

Edited by Cosmic_Guru

9 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Disc version??

Tried mine about 10 times over the course of the day and again just now and it's still not having it!?! :huh:

I had the same problem, fully reboot your xbox (ie close it down by holding the power button on the front of the console until it turns off). Orta is now installing from disk....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Is that MW2 ?

Sure is, that's Rust. I'll finally be able to retire my 360, strange that Activision aren't remastering the multiplayer in MW2 - such a fucking good game.

On 16/04/2018 at 12:48, 5R7 said:

I bought it last year from gamersgate when it was a fiver on sale. They still have it for a tenner but it's not steam.

https://uk.gamersgate.com/DD-CRADA/chronicles-of-riddick-assault-on-dark-athena

41 minutes ago, Trokie said:

I had the same problem, fully reboot your xbox (ie close it down by holding the power button on the front of the console until it turns off). Orta is now installing from disk....

Yup that did the job :).

Maybe I've just got my rose tinted glasses on (I loved ALL the Panzer games) but I honestly can't believe how well this has aged, with it being smooth as anything more and far richer in the colour side of things / more vibrant than I'd remembered (excuse the cack handedly taken phone pic's)....

IMG_4301.thumb.JPG.29b4ac622c05de4c0127701fce22ff22.JPGIMG_4311.thumb.JPG.99ecbd19f6e134484c22bd4dbcd57fd3.JPGIMG_4316.thumb.JPG.509811ef8bad1bfe044696846c0bdfd5.JPG

Amazing work by MS IMO :).

Orta has always looked great in my opinion. Hats off to Sega. I wish I had an X to see it super duper but have to “make do” with my S and it looking super.

Is the original Panzer Dragoon unlocked to start with or did you have to finish the game to unlock it? I forget...

7 minutes ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

minimal loading times.

A miracle! :D I remember those times well from my hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing the Xbox version. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

A miracle! :D I remember those times well from my hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of hours playing the Xbox version. 

The other thing is how quickly you can create a character when you don't have to worry about hair styles, eye colour and all the rest of it!

Right now and I've played past episode 3 without the game crashing so it's better than the 360 bc in the most important way.

Sadly the limited edition content for Jade Empire doesn't appear to work but I suppose must people never bought it so I'm not going to complain.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

Sadly the limited edition content for Jade Empire doesn't appear to work but I suppose must people never bought it so I'm not going to complain.

There's a good chance they will patch that, same with the Morrowind GotY. I distinctly remember a certain disc version of a game not working on BC and them patching it. My Google skills are failing me tho