Sea of Thieves

mechamonkey

15 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

I know it's all just streamers hamming it up for the camera, but I thought that was nice. I can imagine for the developers it must feel good to get that positive feedback.

I did a huge zoom with friends watching the E3 presentation and those of us that play were exactly like that, I 100% fist pumped and shouted in joy at the reveal. 

Me and my little clonette will be online from about 6:30 tonight playing this on Xbox for the new pack. We wouldn't mind teaming up with people on here if anyone is after jumping on, ideally in a galleon. We're both finally at Legend, but will happily play with newcomers. GT: Paul3704

22 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Jumped on to do the first new Tall Tale.  What a superb way to mesh together the Sot and PotC worlds.  Tremendous fun.

Just done the same, absolutely brilliant, a proper adventure.
Sooooo much left to find in just that one Tall Tale! 

Edit: The first new Tall Tale is very easily soloed for those worried about such things.

Very tempted by the crossover fun, but every time we tried tall tales, someone would inevitably turn up to mess with us.

Just unlucky? It felt like there were bad pirates at every turn. 

As opposed to, you know, good friendly pirates. 

2 minutes ago, StephenM said:

Very tempted by the crossover fun, but every time we tried tall tales, someone would inevitably turn up to mess with us.

You'll be happy to hear you are completely separated from other crews for these, adventure in peace!

Just now, StephenM said:

From what I've read a lot of the new stuff is in locked off PvE only areas. Which is inherently a good thing. I think a lot of the fun of OG launch Sea of Thieves was running into other ships while you were doing stuff and either making friends or enemies. The issue comes when you're three years in and are just trying to have some fun with mates doing story content and there are just some arseholes out to ruin your night. 

This, from the sound of things at the very least, gives the impression of being the best of both worlds. It'd be great to hear back from some people who've played it over the next couple of days to confirm that's the case. 

2 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Just done the same, absolutely brilliant, a proper adventure.
Sooooo much left to find in just that one Tall Tale! 

Edit: The first new Tall Tale is very easily soloed for those worried about such things.

Are you on Xbox? Could you show me the ropes some time ?