IGNORED

Sea of Thieves

mechamonkey

It’s not offensive or anything and I’m sure the new tall tales will be fun, but it feels a little bit dirty to merge a decaying franchise into their lovingly created world. But I do understand why and clearly there is an audience for it. 

No doubt Pirates is a collosally shit series of films but Johnny is what Pirates are now recognised as and this can only broaden the appeal of a game that was declared dead in the water when it came out. My xbox LIVE party all got a bit over excited at the surprise today , me included. 

Anyone know if its a stand in voice or really J Depp ?

Had a fantastic night in this. Playing with a very helpful random and we got loads of stuff done. Then invited boozy the clown in at 2330 hours for some late night madness. We managed to do some more quests and then had a fight to the death with a ghost ship which if we lost would have meant losing everything.

Then we did some temple of the lost arc style raid where we had to grab as many crates as possible without getting locked in a room.

Finally some other random joined just as we were handing in all our loot so the lucky devil got it all for free!!!

Ahhh good old sea of thieves. 

Had a little session of this tonight to get some practice and my sea legs back for next week.
Ended up really fun, two lovely people were doing the Brigsy TT, I joined in we got absolutely hammered by two reapers mid Brigsy fight but managed to come back and kill one, explained we had feck all loot to no avail but the other reaper got eaten by a timely Kracken. Had a load of lols over voice comms, died spectacularly loads of times by forgetting how everything worked and made two new friends.
Not a particularly lucrative evening but priceless as always in the fun department.

As I'd not done it before, I did the Heart of Fire tall tale solo this morning (for anyone wanting to do it, its really suited to soloing). Took me about 3 hours to work out and finish.
I started on a brig (even solo I usually use a brig rather than a sloop) and it didnt seem to make it any harder.
It's an easy one to figure out and very action packed, I'd recommend as ALWAYS with these no spoilers or solutions, it just ruins the fun.
NOW Im ready or next week! (although I will be doing it twice more for the rewards)

How solo friendly is Sea of Thieves in general? None of my mates are willing to play this in coop so I'm left to play alone. I don't want to invest any time in this if it's not intended for solo play at all. 

1 minute ago, mechamonkey said:

Same @Boothjan maybe Thursday night if I'm lucky.

If you don't manage to play on Thursday, want to arrange something for next week...?  My kids are here this week which means I can't really chuck my son out of his room where the Xbox currently lives!!

1 minute ago, Stanley said:

So you think I’ll be ok playing this without voice comms?

If you are on PC you can just type (press T)
Otherwise that game has a pretty comprehensive Object sensitive "Text" callouts, E.g. when holding a plank you can call out "Repairing Ship" etc

It's MUCH better with a social crew on mics though

• mechamonkey changed the title to Sea of Thieves