IGNORED

Sea of Thieves - The Shrouded Deep April 21st to May 12th

mechamonkey

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh and sorry for bump again but - are these Season Passes "worth" it? I know it is only cosmetics and doesn't impact gameplay but is some of the stuff pretty cool? I don't mind paying for that if it's decent as the game has been "free" with Game Pass for me this whole time.

Personally, I wouldn't bother - as you say, they're only cosmetics but I don't play enough any more to make it worthwhile.  The fact that all the gameplay improvements/content is free is excellent, and the whole game is so much deeper (pun intended) than it was at launch.

• 2 months later...

I keep meaning to get into this. I've started a couple of times but each time I ended up sailing aimlessly around not knowing what was going on. 

Is it possible to play solo, and what would be a good way to get started? Any good guides online I should read/watch?

1 hour ago, Rayn said:

I keep meaning to get into this. I've started a couple of times but each time I ended up sailing aimlessly around not knowing what was going on. 

Is it possible to play solo, and what would be a good way to get started? Any good guides online I should read/watch?

On the opening screen there is a thing called "The Maiden Voyage" - do that, it will teach you the basics.
Once you're on the actual seas you should get prompted into doing "things"

Also this is a pretty good tips primer for new players if a little old now

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus Christ some of the POTC Tall Tales in this are terrible. It's your classic Sea of Thieves sail around, find something really cool in an awesome location, then Rare don't know what to do with you so you fight respawning goons for an hour. So much of the game is so so good but the sword/gun combat absolutely isn't one of those things so to base such a large part of the fun around it is baffling. 

• 4 weeks later...

They’re removing arena…apparently only 2% of all players actually use it!

Biggest updates going forward: 

- introduction of adventures - limited time, story driven quests to complete a story chunk that’s also part of a larger, overarching narrative which will change the game and story permanently 

- introduction of mysteries; longer form stories inspired by murder mysteries, ghost stories and who-dunnits. These will progress over the course of a season and updates will depend on how quickly players solve each part…

- destruction of golden sands outpost. As part of the first adventure story, shrouded isles, golden sands gets abandoned and trashed. 

- new phantom, the “soul-flame captain”

I started playing again yesterday on my new series x and man, it’s good to be back on the seas. 

Captain Kelsten, reporting for duty! 

3 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

The guy with the black country accent is my friend's cousin.

Reporting in for duty. Desperate to get back pirating.

I am currently taking the piss out of my mate playing him that video because he is literally his double and sounds exactly like him.

q5QcZ1i.png

So IN.

I’m definitely up for joining with folks - those heady days in December 2018/january2019 when my second child had just been born and I was sleep deprived but playing this game with @Boothjan and @mechamonkey are such fond memories. 

Playing solo has its charms, such as the time I sailed a rowboat across half the map to hand in shitty treasure because it had taken me ages to get it and I didn’t want to lose it after some shitbags sunk my boat, but mostly it can get pretty dull. 

99A86328-99AD-4E79-89EE-B337F2DA4EE2.thumb.jpeg.9f78908eed0ed376c9b43cd8164d5391.jpeg

Last time I fired this up was a few weeks ago to give my friend an introductory lesson. So much new content from when I last played - the difference to when it launched is insane.

It's now so rich in content and by crikey it looks utterly staggering on a Series X @ 4k 60 fps. 

Jumped on this yesterday and did my first underwater temple thing. Just beautiful - what an ace feature. 

Also didn't realise there were sirens and pirate ghosts to battle now. And big fluorescent crustacean things.

Oh and I also found some Ashen keys and chests and got several achievements for those too.

I've missed out on so much stuff, it's like a new game.

• mechamonkey changed the title to Sea of Thieves - The Shrouded Deep April 21st to May 12th