mechamonkey

Sea of Thieves - Pirates > Ninjas

Just watching yesterday's stream, and Joe spoke about pets - but it seems like they're going to cost extra which is a real shame if that's the case :(

Sweet! I'm still on Athena level 5.

Found this which I think is really handy, because I never know which meg is which!!

Ho1b6wc.jpg

I've never seen the Shrouded Ghost, but I must have seen the Shadowmaw loads of times but I never think to go after it.

• Upvote 1

Haven't played this in ages until last night and holy crap its so good! Those Skeleton Ships caused an absolute riot for us in our little sloop with 10 captains chests, they're a great addition to the game. I need to play more often. 4 hours of sailing absolutely flew in last night.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Been on it 5 nights this week. Shame to see it appearing on lots of disappointing games of 2018 by people who haven't played it since day one.

Completely agree. It's SO much better once you know what you're doing and you get a decent crew to sail with. I find it really disappointing when I see it being slated because I refuse to believe those people have played it since the very early days. It's improving with each release, which is really exciting because it'll only improve. It's just a brilliant game.

I tend to do an Athena each night now, and that usually includes a couple of skelly ships, a few megs and occasionally a kraken. Getting loot from all of these has really enriched the experience. I was on a sloop with a mate last night and we got so much loot it was ridiculous.

Of course, it helps when skelly ships are sailed by undead morons like these.

IMG_5e4968ab-7406-432e-bf34-b5babfc3cc06-01.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I made Athena level 6 last night. Cool jacket ahoy!!

We also got our mate to Legend, fought a kraken, meg and skelly ship all at the same time and got a shitload of loot.

But we didn't see a single ship all night, except for the skellies.  Not one.  We hopped servers twice - it just seemed really quiet.  No bad thing as it meant we could do our Athena voyage without being pestered but it was rather unusual.

IMG_67fb2a19-a734-45ac-b826-33f8a6e296ae-01.jpeg

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Boothjan said:

I just ordered the Athena's Fortune novel.  I think I need to know more about the lore of Sea of Thieves!

I've asked for that for my birthday too :) Got the graphic novel and Art book which I highly recommend.

You're absolutely flyign through Athena now Boothjan! wow, you're going to zoom past me I reckon.

Had a quick go with @Orko, we got about 10ft from the outpost and a ghost ship attacked us joined by a meg, we sank the ship but due to super low supplies had to run from the meg, limped back to the outpost compeltely out of supplies and jump off the ship with the loot as the sloop sank and sold it ;p
Then of course someone was lurkign at the outpost and shot me, but I was avenged!
What an introduction to the game eh !!

• Upvote 2

Ha, awesome!!  Also @Orko - huge apologies once again for our full crew last night.  We should definitely have a 'muk crew very soon.  I might be on late tonight - once I'm back from my son's birthday meal and got him into bed.

The good thing is that I get to do at least 1 Athena voyage each session now, so it all adds up especially now we go after megs and skelly ships too for the commendations/loot.  Occasionally a skull fort if we've time.  Of our 4 man crew last night, 2 of us are already legends, 1 became legend last night and the other is at 42-46-46 so isn't massively far away.  It means you can get through an Athena pretty quickly.

TL;DW:

New update on Feb 6th

Re-download whole game client on Feb 6th. Reason: Smaller installation size. (roughly half of what it is now)

Banned cheaters

Streamer settings (Disable/hide nametags)

Combat tweaking (double gunning)

Another fun little thing planned, no information currently

Pioneers testing stuff

• Upvote 1

My book has been dispatched 

NlMnbx2LqG0xo8MY3IAoytTiJlo=.gif

After I've read it, I can be a proper veteran salty sea dog.  When I see a funny mark on a rock, a statue on an island or anything that harks back to the novel and a crewmate asks "what's that?" I can stare into the distance with a steely look and say "arrrr - ye weren't there, lad.  It were terrible.  Ye weren't there....." in my best pirate voice.

• Upvote 1

Also, I watched some of the weekly stream from yesterday and it's been confirmed that pets WILL cost extra money (real money - not gold or doubloons).  And one of the devs accidentally let it slip that parrots will definitely feature!

Yay parrots!!

1 minute ago, mechamonkey said:

Dammit, I ordered mine from Amazon and it's saying a month for delivery :(

I did that and cancelled because it wasn't in stock - bought it elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I'll be honest, I'll almost certainly buy one ;p (part of the problem etc)

Yes, me too.  I've never ever paid for additional content before (DLC excluded) but I think I plough enough time into this TBH!!

Fantastic night's sailing last night - and I did my first ever Mixer stream.  How exciting!

2 x Athena voyages

5 x megs 

6 x skelly ships

1 x alliance 

Very successful - and a lot of loot for the previously skint @Orko!

The alliance chaps were great - they hadn't played much, saw us waiting at the outpost so were wary about docking to unload their loot, so I got on the megaphone and told them we were friendly.  They saw 3 pirate legends on the ship and thought we were too tough to mess with (they clearly haven't seen my feeble PvP abilities....).  So I showed them how to set up an alliance, then gave them an Athena voyage as I had several spare.

Much fun.  Got some photos which I'll post later.

• Upvote 1