rllmuk
mechamonkey

Sea of Thieves - Legends of the Sea

Another dev update

Nothing much except 29th-7th Double exp and gold, those forts will be worth an insane amount.
Fort commendations that didnt show up not retroactive with the fix, arses:( 

Tune in to the XO19 mixer broadcast tomorrow at 8pm and get the Obsidian Wheel - Personally this is a total must have for me, I only need the Blunderbuss and Capstan now for a full equipment and ship set!
http://mixer.com/xbox

77202858_2631543956867940_85230708847332

Gears of War inspired livery set free if you log in after 6pm tonight, runs till 23rd Nov :)

15 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Nice! Still not seen pets yet but I've got Prime so I've got it. Cheers for the heads up - hopefully I'll get time to play it again soon. 

Pets are exactly how they were on the insiders yonks ago, you really arent missing anything, I mean, a parrot that doesn't sit on your shoulder or swear? what use is this! 

Edit: Did the Tall Tale tonight as Im off tomorrow, it took me a while but so good! @Boothjan avoid spoilers for this one like the plague! It was superb!
Edit2: The Tall Tale is very easy to solo, its more a lore trip.

Dec 11th next update
Sword play tweaks - Shorter recovery from misses, reduced stun from block, sword trails
Directional damage indicator
Previous Black Market items to be sold at increased cost
Portable Ammo Crate working
Collectors Chests can be sold
Vomit now puts out fire ;p
More coming in Dec....

Any word of an 'offline' mode? I hope they do that eventually. I understand a game about pirates should have piracy and the threat thereof but I just want to hoon about the seas doing tales and looting treasure without some dickhead setting fire to my ship.

Private servers have been mentioned as a thing they might do in time. The demand for which is more about wanting to get more than 4 friends into a game at once. I don't think an offline mode is possible as the sea is powered by the cloud. A lot of the grief went away once they introduced the arena mode. Ultimately it's a game built around the social aspect and as nice as playing alone with no interruptions can be it is kinda like playing football at Wembley on your own.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Any word of an 'offline' mode? I hope they do that eventually. I understand a game about pirates should have piracy and the threat thereof but I just want to hoon about the seas doing tales and looting treasure without some dickhead setting fire to my ship.

Honestly in my experience (hundreds of hours) this is fairly rare.
If you do continually get griefed, just change servers. 
Learning and embracing the (as I mentioned above in all honesty fairly minor) PvP is part and parcel, you may even grow to enjoy being a total arse some day, pirates pirate, it just wouldnt be the same without it. I often just log on a solo sloop and go looking for trouble.
Have you tried putting up your alliance flag? some of the best times I've had have been arsing about with a bunch of total strangers randomly met after an initial parlay, my friend list has to be consonantly culled from this game.

There's so many things that can happen in this game with real people, pve only private servers would be the worst.
There are "alliance fleets" where people have taken over a server you can find on discord really easily, personally I find those totally against the spirit of the game and dull as dishwater.

Anyone fancy a big SoT night in December sometime? its pretty easy to get a couple of ships on the same server if we had 8 or so? (calling @Boothjan