mechamonkey

Sea of Thieves - Forsaken Shores free major DLC 27.09.18

logo.61dcffd3.png

By Rare

Official Site

Release Date: TBA

ABOUT

Be the pirate you want

With musket loaded and grog in hand, the freedom of the pirate life awaits. What will your legend be?

An epic multiplayer adventure

Crew up and set sail on memorable voyages. Make and break your pirate’s code on the Sea of Thieves.

A treacherous shared world

Plot your course and set sail for hidden riches. Navigate the perils of a fantastical world and the danger of rival crews.

IMAGES

-

VIDEOS

Spoiler

Just announced at the MS press conference and it looked great! Hopefully we'll learn more this week.

• Upvote 3

I've been playing Black Flag recently and kept thinking how if someone made an MMO with the pirate-y bits it'd probably be the first MMO I'd ever actually get into. Not sure if this is quite going to be that, but it does look fun.

This thread's really quiet considering the most popular option in the E3 thread poll by a country mile was "new IPs by first party studios"

I guess people did want chainsaws and headshots after all?

This was probably the highlight of the MS conference for me.

When you think about it, proper swashbuckling and multiplayer just makes so much sense. Very very excited.

Winners of the competition to play it first announced - amazing amount of work gone into some of them.

Bonus Robin Beanland track from last year.

• Upvote 1

You'd think after the bad reaction that PewDiePie demo got the other year that devs wouldn't do this. The facecam even takes your focus off what's going on!

Game looks fun though, Blackwake but not shit with loads of extra stuff to do.

I get what they were going for, but for me personally, that demo would have been a billion times better without the gimp faces and the fucking needless screaming and shouting.

Still, in fucking day one! 'cos the idea of playing that with normal people, is exciting.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I get what they were going for, but for me personally, that demo would have been a billion times better without the gimp faces and the fucking needless screaming and shouting.

Still, in fucking day one! 'cos the idea of playing that with normal people, is exciting.

Feel exactly the same, on both counts!

Arr!

• Upvote 2

This looks pretty great.  

Reminds me a lot of what Star Citizen is meant to be - with the multi-crew stuff.  Except this seems to be real/working and distilled into proper gameplay.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, stefcha said:

If this were to become an online wasteland after about a week does that mean you're then fucked for getting your ship to do much?

Folk who have played it say you can sail solo, albeit more slowly.  

We don't know much about the aims, objectives or structure of the game really - hopefully more will be revealed at Gamescom.

The art style alone makes me more interested in this than the vast majority of modern games.

Glad to hear it`s coming to PC too. I have little faith in modern day Rare, but I do hope it turns out to be fun.

The only thing that worried me about this is the vagueness from the guy at Rare on the e3 youtube channel, there almost seemed to be too much about 'we're supporting this into the future, it's for the players to make their own adventure' that it didn't really sound like there was much to it yet by way of 'raids' or team based objective things.

The worry is that if it launches almost too bare bones with "just" PvP pirate battles, it might not take off enough to develop into more interesting territory.

I think it has massive potential but just not sure if it might start off as a very simple almost F2P with hopes to grow which might not happen.