IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Keyboard Koala

4 minutes ago, Mugman said:

Oh no sorry I meant making posties walk around to deliver copies of games when people are being told not to leave the house... I'll edit. 

My apologies for misreading! 

They're doing a pretty bad job of it so far. I started watching this earlier then wandered off for a bit and returned...and I've no idea what's happening anymore.

My first impression was that It feels more like Shenmue/Yakuza than a JRPG, but yeah, we all knew that, plus what has felt like a traditional JRPG from Square-Enix in recent times other than Octopath and Bravely Default?

On 31/03/2020 at 22:34, Keyboard Koala said:

The e-mail was sent last Friday from Square Enix Europe, saying:

Dear [...],

Your order is now on its way!

Thank you for your continued support of the SQUARE ENIX Store,
The SQUARE ENIX Store Team.

Mine's just arrived via DPD. No tracking or shipping info so I had no idea what it was at first. Hopefully you get yours today as well :) 

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

I've still not had anything. Just checked my order and it's still saying Shipment: Requested. It is the 1st Class Edition though, so might be delayed.

Same. 1st Class edition. Still shows as shipment requested, despite the fact it turned up 30 minutes ago :)

Er, have people seen the spoilers?

Spoiler

This spoils the ending, do not click if you're someone excitedly waiting for this game.

Spoiler

It actually takes place in an alternate universe and Sephiroth is trying to change the timeline, the main characters come to realise this and will takes steps to change things themselves, Zack lives as a result of this. It's not actually a remake, and they're not obligated to remake the rest of the game after Midgar.

Nomuurraaa!

I got this early and been playing this a lot today. It's far too early for me to give the game a verdict but to be honest, once I got past the smoke and mirrors I'm actually not feeling this game at all. 

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but FF7 was my favourite game of all times since its release and all the way until Breath of the Wild was released. I was certain this remake would retake the throne but now I'm quite sure it wont. From what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if this scores over 85% on meta. Among purists/fans of the original, I'm afraid it will struggle to score above the 75% mark :( 

11 minutes ago, Rayn said:

I got this early and been playing this a lot today. It's far too early for me to give the game a verdict but to be honest, once I got past the smoke and mirrors I'm actually not feeling this game at all. 

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but FF7 was my favourite game of all times since its release and all the way until Breath of the Wild was released. I was certain this remake would retake the throne but now I'm quite sure it wont. From what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if this scores over 85% on meta. Among purists/fans of the original, I'm afraid it will struggle to score above the 75% mark :( 

Tell me more. This and the above post make me sad

53 minutes ago, Rayn said:

I wont spoil anything for anyone, but FF7 was my favourite game of all times since its release and all the way until Breath of the Wild was released. I was certain this remake would retake the throne but now I'm quite sure it wont. From what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if this scores over 85% on meta. Among purists/fans of the original, I'm afraid it will struggle to score above the 75% mark 

Did you play the demo?

You can imagine the square meeting

' err boss, feedback from Q A is that this game is actually a teeny bit shit. They love the reactor but after that, it's a no go' 

' Launch it early' 

'but boss, what about corona' 

' launch it early dam it! And release a demo of the only bit we spent the last15 years making, thatl teach em!' 

Still loving it, tho I have a high tolerance for Square.

However, minor spoilers...

Spoiler

This has a lot of extra padding and new stuff, if you are expecting a blow by blow remake this ain't it, but if you actually think about that how could it ever be.

I have really enjoyed what I played tonight spending more time with all these loved characters and getting to grips with the combat.