rllmuk
Keyboard Koala

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Spoiler

Blowing up the reactor themselves doesn’t make sense in Shinra’s pretty limited plans in the original, so I have to assume there’s going to be an episode-specific arc about them that resolves whole the longer “hunt for the promised land” arc spins up.

7 hours ago, Robo_1 said:

Just in the interests of keeping the peace, let's just do away with these sorts of jibes... from all sides. Thanks. :)

Fair point.   Apologies all. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Alex W. said:
  Hide contents

Blowing up the reactor themselves doesn’t make sense in Shinra’s pretty limited plans in the original, so I have to assume there’s going to be an episode-specific arc about them that resolves whole the longer “hunt for the promised land” arc spins up.

I dont remember the finer plot details because it's been 20 years, but in the original is it

Spoiler

entirely Avalanche's fault that the f!@%ing pizza drops on the slums? (Now that I type out the name of their organisation the answer seems obvious)

Spoiler

Well, that was a frame-up, but by that stage Shinra had been tussling them for a while and they’d run in to Aeris. This read as much more pre-planned.

Ok I caved and I fired up FF7 on Switch again last night and did the bombing mission, which took all of about 10 minutes with x3 speed :lol:

Anyway, it’s nice to do it, see how they have reimagined some of the little details.  For example, Jessie kicking the soldier on the platform.  I knew she did, but I forgot she did, and there she does it again in the new one.  :wub:

Im loving Jessie in the remake as well. Gahhh come on one month to go!!!!

4 hours ago, grindmouse said:

I really hope they're further along with Part 2 than they're letting on and announce a release next year.

have they said how many parts the whole remake is going to be?

28 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

have they said how many parts the whole remake is going to be?

Unfortunately not.

Just played the demo and it didn't do anything for me at all. And they've got the check to expect £60 for it!

• Empathy 1

8 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Just played the demo and it didn't do anything for me at all. And they've got the check to expect £60 for it!

They arent asking you for £60 because you didn't like it.  It's not cheeky to ask money from people who want it.

• Upvote 1

We should have a sweepstake on where the second part might end up...

Spoiler

Leaving Junon for the new continent? Approaching the Gold Saucer on the cable car? Stepping into unburnt Nibelheim? Aerith's... :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Hide contents

Leaving Junon for the new continent? Approaching the Gold Saucer on the cable car? Stepping into unburnt Nibelheim? Aerith's... :ph34r:

Temple of the Ancient’s makes sense - is that before or after Junon?  I guess they might make progress linear: streamline or postpone some of the none essential locations on the map to save resources.

I’m fuzzy on the timeline of the game now but I figure they’ll save introducing some player characters until Part 3 / after Aerith. Yuffie / Cid?

39 minutes ago, Number 28 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Just after the Jenova battle on the ship seems like the most obvious place to me. Massive cliffhanger potential. But there’s a lot of game to cover between Cloud recapping the plot in Kalm (that’s going to be a crisp way to open the second chapter) and the boat.

Temple is looong after Junon. Well, I was thinking of the first Junon visit. I can't imagine they'd finish it that early tbh. They would need 20 subsequent parts and people would kick off. Let's face it though, however they play it, people are going to kick off. :D

In the original Yuffie can join the team before Junon, but I suspect they might delay her appearance if it doesn't conveniently coincide with the start of a new chapter (going on this Red XIII business).

5 minutes ago, Alex W. said:
  Hide contents

Just after the Jenova battle on the ship seems like the most obvious place to me. Massive cliffhanger potential. But there’s a lot of game to cover between Cloud recapping the plot in Kalm (that’s going to be a crisp way to open the second chapter) and the boat.

Spoiler

The original battle was probably a bit meh to leave things on, but perhaps they could blow it up and have Jenova's corruption totally take over the hull of the ship like some messed up Resident Evil boss.

• Upvote 1

I imagine yuffie and Vincent will be mandatory team members now. Too much resources will go into them for people to never even see them. 

Hmm, Part 2 for me...

Costa Del Sol I like the idea of.  Junon itself would really be too soon IMO, the cargo ship has quite a bit going on and the Jenova battle would be a good place to call it. But I don’t want it to end so early :lol: , and if we could get as far as say Nibelheim it would be amazing but pretty darn unlikely I suppose.  

After Costa Del Sol it’s Mount Corel, Gold Saucer, Gongaga, Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim, Rocket Town, Temple of the Ancients, City of the Ancients.  That’d make a stonking Part 3... but again maybe too much?

Im gonna be 50 by the time it finishes!

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

I just sat down and tried to figure out how I'd build in episode breaks and what bosses I'd need to move around to have something satisfying, and after moving things around for half an hour, it's obvious this is going to be kind of a wild project. I kind of want to pay for all of these even if I don't enjoy them, just to make sure they all get made.

• Upvote 1

I'm weirdly happy that I might spend the next ten years intermittently sinking back not only into FFVII but my memories of FFVII as well as my memories of early installments of FFVII Remake. It's a wistful happy feeling. 

• Upvote 2

On 07/03/2020 at 22:18, Alex W. said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

There’s dialogue back at 7th heaven after the first bombing where Jessie expresses surprise at the size of the explosion.

10 hours ago, Stanshall said:

I'm weirdly happy that I might spend the next ten years intermittently sinking back not only into FFVII but my memories of FFVII as well as my memories of early installments of FFVII Remake. It's a wistful happy feeling. 

I feel a bit like this as well. I think ten years might be a bit ambitious though. I can see this going on until the day i die!

it's quite a nice though.....

..... unless the first part doesn't do well, and they crap the project entirely.

10 hours ago, Stanshall said:

That’s a good point.  We can relive this excitement over and over and over. :D 

Square Enix, looking at this thread:

image.png.a194c52894c206923de1bba88862d44b.png

;)

My brother's birthday is a few days after this game's release, he's a FF VII fanatic, knows the materia and combat systems inside out. He adored the demo. I'm gonna get him this game digitally, so I can play it as well.

You'll have my opinions to look forward to. :eyebrows:

Man, this remake is just a thing of beauty. Makes me want to wander through the whole thing, just to take in the atmosphere. Truth is I've always done that in the FF games from VII onwards. Imo, you miss out so much when you just try to rush through all the beautifully rendered locales. Same with From's games.

I regret ordering the premium 1st class edition even less now. 

EDIT: Just noticed the payment's been made last week, so that means I'm getting one :D

Now there's a hole in my wallet staring back at me...

chocobo-chick-summon-ff7remake-wiki-guid

• Upvote 3

Yeah they have taken payment for mine as well. Seems a bit early, taking payment 3-4 weeks before it is due though? I wondered what the hell was going on when my bank temporarily cancelled my card because of suspicious activity and it turned out to be Square making a massive hole in my bank balance (ordered the 1st class edition here as well :) )

• Upvote 1