IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Keyboard Koala

5 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Square have already confirmed the game has side quests

Really, where?

Plus, people are probably just mega tired of your constant concern trolling.

Where have I done this? I've been unfailingly polite in here, not criticised the game, or people's nostalgia, and dealt with a lot of personal attacks anyway (like this one).

15 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Really, where?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/02/13/new-final-fantasy-vii-remake-screenshots-showcase-red-xiii-side-quests-and-more/

The side quests and Battle Reports, and then further down they confirm new areas. 

Environments

In Final Fantasy VII Remake, iconic locations from the original game have been recreated with amazing modern graphics. Not only that, there will be additional areas that you couldn’t get to in the original.

Yeah i literally posted a screenshot earlier regarding the side quests, and all throughout development they have said they are going to be expanding nearly everything.

This is why i can see the game being lengthier than any of us can anticipate.

I had a look through some of the leaks (spoilered due to amount of chapters):

Spoiler

Apparently there are 18 chapters. The first chapter takes roughly an hour (going off the demo), so lets say every chapter is roughly the same size (which it wont be) then thats nearly 20 hours already.

In the original, it takes around 15 mins to get to the scorpion boss. In the demo it takes 45mins - 1 hour, so even from the demo, you can see that its been expanded.

1 minute ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

The Bouncer (one of the only games more Hyped than this largely pointless remake) was like 3 hours long :lol: 

Wasn't the bouncer just really hyped because it was the first square game on PS2, and the main character looked like Cloud with dark hair?

And just out of interest, why is the FF7 remake pointless? There are millions of fans that would argue otherwise. It's one of the most loved games of all time, and fans have been crying out for a remake for years. 

Also, just because this is being made, it shouldnt take any shine off the original, as it is its own thing. The remake is a reimagining. They are able to explore some of the storylines a bit more, and go really in depth with some of the characters. 

I much prefer this option rather than a 'remaster', otherwise it's just the same game with better graphics.

11 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

And just out of interest, why is the FF7 remake pointless? There are millions of fans that would argue otherwise. It's one of the most loved games of all time, and fans have been crying out for a remake for years. 

Also, just because this is being made, it shouldnt take any shine off the original, as it is its own thing. The remake is a reimagining. They are able to explore some of the storylines a bit more, and go really in depth with some of the characters. 

I much prefer this option rather than a 'remaster', otherwise it's just the same game with better graphics.

People complaining about remakes/remasters (for whatever reason) I never really understand. The original still exists, if you're not interested/feel the remake is pointless, just don't buy it?

45 minutes ago, cohen205 said:

Wasn't the bouncer just really hyped because it was the first square game on PS2, and the main character looked like Cloud with dark hair?

Yep.  Even in the demo alone, I'm loving the additional depth and exploration that Biggs & Jessie have got. :wub: 

I stuck this on for half an hour last night. It looks stunning but I really didn’t enjoy the combat. 

I’ll go back and finish it off tonight but will probably give the full game a miss. 

The demo is also a convenient way to tell if you will like this game or not. 

Play it! Maybe once or twice and if it's not for you... why not play something else that you will like?

Although some people won't do that, will buy it due to FOMO and just hate it and have a bad time, but will love to post about it and give their bad take, like they're thinking they're Charlie Brooker or something. 

I don't understand why you would do that. 

4 hours ago, cohen205 said:

Christ ok, lets try again. When have Square Enix ever made a short Final Fantasy game :D

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest? :ph34r:

I just died laughing! (yes my ghost is typing this :P )

Also to add to this, Final Fantasy Adventure (on the Gameboy classic ;) )