Final Fantasy VII Remake

23 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Holy shit what if they are releasing it on good Friday cos a certain person comes back from the dead after a couple of days

megatonnes

If there’s a way to do that in the game it will be a bad retcon of Lucasian proportions.

• 2 weeks later...

Cloud has his ponytail in the flash back with Tifa. It's the little touches that I'm really liking, like where he turns into a frog, and still has a mini buster sword, oh and I've seen a part where Barret hums the battle victory song.

I love shit like that. Its definitely been made by the fans, for the fans.

On 20/01/2020 at 18:38, carlospie said:

For only 6,99 as dlc 

PreLC

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

So they’re going with Aerith then. 

They’ve gone with Aerith in everything she’s been in since 1997 so it seems likely.

That looks amazing, it looks like they've expanded out some of the plot points in Midgar.

I did wonder how they were going to handle the Honey Bee segment and it looks like they've decided to lean into it rather than back off.

I'm all in.

• Upvote 2

It all looks too good to be true, surely they aren't going to nail this remake.... are they?

Looking forward to slapping Scarlet, playing as Tifa, and im really curious who the new bloke is on the motorbike with long hair.

Oh, and Red XIII looks absolutely perfect

• Upvote 1

Going by that, it looks like more emphasis has been put on Aerith being the last living Ancient than in the original, where you likely wouldnt really know unless you did a bunch of travelling about the planet, etc.

I have a feeling that THE major scene will happen differently in the remake, and/or later in the game perhaps.

Shit. I'm amazed they went for the honey bee bit like that. I'm still paranoid it will be a shenmue situation and we'll only get part one or something annoying. All fingers and toes crossed. 

• Upvote 1

I just noticed something... Cloud has what looks like some kind of grapple gun in the part where they escape Shinra HQ, then its immediately followed by a scene where Cloud is slashing away in the air.

Might be a way for Cloud to attack aerial enemies perhaps?

I'm going to try to save myself and not watch that trailer. Sounds awesome though! I'm not going to get a stupid special edition or anything but would quite like a steel book. Has the cover art been announced yet?

Well this looks unbelievably good. I was one the biggest naysayers early on, but I'm happy to eat my words if it's as good as it looks, episodic or not.  I can't even believe graphics like those are possible on PS4, it looks like a PS5 game.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Feels like we've been waiting pipapopupo years for this remake.

When was that first ever tech demo released. I think it was for PS3?

Thats how long it feels like it’s been.