IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Keyboard Koala

I think your opinion may change @Strafe but we shall see :D 

So I'm thinking of getting Intergrade on PC.

I completed the original Remake (whaaat) on PS4, loved it, want to play it again.  I don't have a PS5 but I do have a good PC that I like putting through its paces.

So can anyone help guide me as to whether it is worth the re-purchase and what I get on PC?  I've tried googling, it's not proving overly fruitful.  I think some things have been re-worked in the main game, I assume it'll look much prettier, and the Yuffie DLC.  How long is the latter?

24 minutes ago, sprite said:

I completed the original Remake (whaaat) on PS4, loved it, want to play it again.  I don't have a PS5 but I do have a good PC that I like putting through its paces.

So can anyone help guide me as to whether it is worth the re-purchase and what I get on PC?  I've tried googling, it's not proving overly fruitful.  I think some things have been re-worked in the main game, I assume it'll look much prettier, and the Yuffie DLC.  How long is the latter?

I believe the DLC is good and deffo worth playing but the visual upgrades (going off the breakdown video they did on release) just look kind of….different rather than better?

It was a stunner to begin with to be fair so it really depends on how important 60fps is to you.

But maybe someone who has played both can weigh in. I’m due a replay on PS5 soon and will grab the DLC but haven’t got round to it yet.

@sprite I think I finished Yuffie’s DLC in a little under five hours (I’d have to load my save) but I did skip some optional stuff.

I’m not sure (because I bought the base game, got the free upgrade and then got Yuffie’s DLC all as separate things) but from what I can tell, Intergrade on Steam gets you the base game, Yuffie’s DLC, and the quality of life additions that were thrown in for existing owners, below:

Improved textures, lighting, and background environments. Switch between the game modes "Graphics Mode" which prioritises 4K high-resolution graphics, and "Performance Mode" which prioritises smooth action at 60 frames per second. "Photo mode" allows you to preserve memorable moments from the game.

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=80045&id=18725&la=2&ret=main

Yeah, I just checked my save for Yuffie's content and I finished at just under five hours (4:52) so for some people it might be hard to recommend at full price, but I did enjoy the combat and some of the new characters in the new chapter, and like I said there’s optional stuff in there that I’m sure I missed or left unfinished.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

You’ll get the Yuffie DLC and performance matching a next gen console if your rig is up to it. I’m no expert in PC settings by a long stretch but there is very little in the way of options. You get a few gubbins as well (material, armour, potions or some such). It’s very much a bare bones port by all accounts.

2 hours ago, Qazimod said:

@sprite I think I finished Yuffie’s DLC in a little under five hours (I’d have to load my save) but I did skip some optional stuff.

I think I spent about 9 hours on it, a good chunk of which involved playing games of Fort Condor, which is surprisingly great. So you can certainly get that much out of it if you do everything.

4 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I’m not sure (because I bought the base game, got the free upgrade and then got Yuffie’s DLC all as separate things) but from what I can tell, Intergrade on Steam gets you the base game, Yuffie’s DLC, and the quality of life additions that were thrown in for existing owners, below:

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=80045&id=18725&la=2&ret=main

Supplementing the text about QOL/other improvements made to what was the PS5 version of Remake - the PC version supports 90fps and 120fps too.

The DLC is terrific as well and gave me 10+ hours of play time.

And of course, the PC version also supports mods!

Getting the PC version is a no-brainer if you're remotely into FF.

896-1650597079-1320693952.jpeg

Yuffie DLC is definitely worth a shot if you enjoyed the main game, but I wouldn't recommend buying the game again just to play the DLC at full price. You should get around to it at some point though, preferably before the next game in 10 years because there is some plot stuff from the DLC that feeds into it. 

I thought that might rile some!  Got your attention.

Just as well that audience targeting is more behaviour than demography based these days - so you don't like Sailor Moon then, cool.  It's not for me either.

22 hours ago, sprite said:

Thankls @Qazimod and @Sarlaccfood ... sort of seems like I can spend my £50 better elsewhere...

Like in a savings fund for a PS5 :P 

You'll also get the game free with PS plus. Playing at the moment. It's the PS5 version and seems to have the DLC as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2022 at 22:07, Triple A said:

Supplementing the text about QOL/other improvements made to what was the PS5 version of Remake - the PC version supports 90fps and 120fps too.

The DLC is terrific as well and gave me 10+ hours of play time.

And of course, the PC version also supports mods!

Getting the PC version is a no-brainer if you're remotely into FF.

896-1650597079-1320693952.jpeg

Is there a mod to kill her off in the first 2 minutes?